I finally found the configuration after a long time of testing:

bind = "Home Assistans IP
bind_port = 8555
name = “ArgusPT4MP”
username = “admin”
password = “password”
uid = “UID from Reolink”

And in the Home Assistant under the integrations the following:

But what must be the command on the Raspberry (cron) so that it restarts after a reboot?

1 Like

Anyone know if 2023 HA updates for Reolink by @starkillerOG will support these battery powered cams?

1 Like

No it will not support battery powered cams.
Unfortunetely battery powered cams are lacking the HTTP(S) API that my HA integration uses to communicate with the camera.
You could ask Reolink customer support to add the HTTP(S) API to the firmware of the Reolink Argus 2.

1 Like

For those who are looking for a solution with Reolink battery-powered cameras, I use the neolink addon for local network and remote cameras :

…which is only interesting or needed for those powered cams which don’t provide RTSP streams, right? I have e. g. an E1 Zoom integrated with just using the Reolink integration (still the custom one but will switch to the official one shortly).

So using Neolink seems in general to be a solution for corner cases - if I got this right.

Yes, you got this right. This is only valid for cameras without rtsp available :
battery-powered cameras, cameras in the NVR kits, E1 and Lumus.
The rtsp is available in the E1 pro and E1 Zoom cameras, these could be directly integrated.

?

I thought battery powered are out of scope for this? Or did your former post miss the „battery“ here?

When battery powered Reolink cameras are supported that would possibly be a game changer, wouldn’t it? So please let‘s be precise :slight_smile:

Ok, i did some change in my post but E1 is not a battery-powered and rtsp is not avaible for this camera
:wink:
To be clear: all Reolink cameras withour rtsp.
This includes : battery-powered cameras, cameras in the NVR kits, E1 and Lumus.

1 Like

Hey that’s great news! So there actually IS a way to integrate battery powered Reolink cameras into HA.

Would now be interesting to see

• what’s available in the end („only“ a camera entity with a video feed?)
  • what’s the resource impact for the additional addon (is it CPU/RAM consuming?)
  • if Neolink reduces battery life of connected battery powered cameras
  • how stable / reliable everything works in the end

That’s what came to the top of my head at first.

1 Like

I’ve seen this thread, and the limitation on working with Neolink make it unusable to me.
Actually, I’m not interested at all in streaming the camera content to my HA, all I want is events.

Is there a sane way to get person / motion / etc. events to HA for Argus 2 (actually, 2E) so it can trigger an automation? Perhaps something directly with the Reolink cloud service?

hi, would it be possible to then use frigate or something else to trigger motion alerts on the camera stream coming via neolink? thanks

Sorry but I stopped using Neolink because Neolink reduces the battery life of battery powered cameras. I use a solar panel for my cameras and after a day the battery was empty despite the sunny weather :frowning_face:

1 Like

I have a (battery-powered) Reolink Argus 2E too. Anyone using this fork of the neolink?

I am able to get neolink connected to my Reolink Argus 2E and discovered on HA via mqtt (mosquitto) but I keep getting disconnect / reconnect messages like below every half a minute or so from the neolink docker logs:

neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:27:32Z INFO  neolink::utils] reolink-frontdoor: Connecting to camera at UID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:27:32Z INFO  neolink_core::bc_protocol] reolink-frontdoor: Trying local discovery
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:27:44Z INFO  neolink_core::bc_protocol] reolink-frontdoor: Local discovery success xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at 192.168.0.136:26682
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:27:44Z INFO  neolink::utils] reolink-frontdoor: Logging in
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:27:45Z INFO  neolink::utils] reolink-frontdoor: Connected and logged in
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:27:47Z INFO  neolink::common::camthread] reolink-frontdoor: Camera time is already set: 2024-02-18 13:27:52.0 +08:00:00
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:27:58Z WARN  neolink::common::camthread] reolink-frontdoor: Connection Lost: Dropped connection
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:27:58Z INFO  neolink::common::camthread] reolink-frontdoor: Attempt reconnect in 5s
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:03Z INFO  neolink::utils] reolink-frontdoor: Connecting to camera at UID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:03Z INFO  neolink_core::bc_protocol] reolink-frontdoor: Trying local discovery
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:12Z INFO  neolink_core::bc_protocol] reolink-frontdoor: Local discovery success xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at 192.168.0.136:26682
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:12Z INFO  neolink::utils] reolink-frontdoor: Logging in
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:13Z INFO  neolink::utils] reolink-frontdoor: Connected and logged in
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:15Z INFO  neolink::common::camthread] reolink-frontdoor: Camera time is already set: 2024-02-18 13:28:20.0 +08:00:00
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:31Z WARN  neolink::common::camthread] reolink-frontdoor: Connection Lost: Dropped connection
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:31Z INFO  neolink::common::camthread] reolink-frontdoor: Attempt reconnect in 5s
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:36Z INFO  neolink::utils] reolink-frontdoor: Connecting to camera at UID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
neolink  | [2024-02-18T21:28:36Z INFO  neolink_core::bc_protocol] reolink-frontdoor: Trying local discovery

I tried setting idle_disconnect = true in neolink.toml but still get the same disconnect messages.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi,

I was also annoyed about the missing API for the reolink battery cams. My requirement was to transmit motion detections from the battery cam to other devices.

My solution:

Configure an email alert to your own SMTP server and process the cam’s connection attempt.

I wrote a small port listener, this listener emulates an SMTP server (without functionality). When motion is detected, the cam tries to connect to my port listener, at this point I can continue to process the incoming trigger and control other devices.

The port listener runs on a Raspberry PI

1 Like

Hi Frankoo,
could you explain it well?

When camera try to send smtp email what you will catch it?