Repeated logon attempts from iphone

I keep getting this repeated warning in HA. Any ideas how I can track down which phone this is coming from? As far as I can tell, each of my phones is setup to login correctly through the iphone app…

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from 192.168.86.1 (192.168.86.1) (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Home Assistant/2020.7 (io.robbie.HomeAssistant; build:11; iOS 14.2.0) Mobile/HomeAssistant, like Safari)

I get pretty much the same notification from all my iPhones at random times but mine have the name of the iPhone in the notification. Do your iPhones have individual names (Bob’s iPhone, Sally’s iPhone, etc)?

How frequent are the repeated warnings? You could always power off each phone for a bit to see if they stop. Do you have external access enabled, such as through DuckDNS? If so, try temporarily removing the Internal URL from each phone to see if it stops. You may have a typo on one for the Internal URL, and after it fails to connect it switches and connects via the External URL???

hmm - i checked the 3 iphones - all are set up with the external (xxxx.duckdns.org) address. All seem to log in no problem when I launch the app. I’ll try renaming each of the phones next to see if I can identify which one is creating this annoyance.

Actually, isn’t that the IP of the device that failed the login attempt in the notification message? You should be able to match that IP by looking on each phone in Settings - WiFi - Information - IPV4 Address.

I’m having the same message coming up periodically (every few days?). It started doing this a few weeks ago. Maybe an update introduced this?

I also have more than one iDevice so it could be a phone or an iPad. Haven’t bothered to investigate yet. I will…

good thought - but, 192.168.86.1 is the ip of my router… so, that doesn’t tell me too much.

Have a look here: Login attempt failed from iOS device