Replacement for this service : hassio.addon_stdin

Hi, this service is no more : hassio.addon_stdin

How can i do it as an easy workaround? i cant do it from a shellcommand, since the tool “docker” is not present in the HA container, it only works in the SSH container
I need the command below:
docker exec -it addon_some_addon bash -c 'python3 mycommand.py

It fires a script present in another add-on

service: hassio.addon_stdin
data:
  addon: a0d7b954_ssh
  input: "docker exec -it addon_some_addon bash -c 'python3 mycommand.py'"

I’m running next months dev build, still exists. Was it an announced deprecation?

Hi, seems the service still exist, but not possible anymore for the ssh addon?

1 Like

it has the replacement service in that blurb.

Yes, but not sure how I can do that :slight_smile:

are you just trying to run a python file? If yes, do it through shell command

huh? i’m overlooking it?

no, i need to run a python file thats inside an custom addon , so i cant do it from a shellcommand

actually this command:
"docker exec -it addon_some_addon bash -c 'python3 mycommand.py'"

but only works from ssh addon, not from a shellcommand, since there is no “docker” command in the homeassistant container

What does the python file do? Why is it only in the container?

it opens a door :slight_smile: , using an SDK , that runs a service, needs to be in another addon, since needs to be build on debian

we are trying to make it better offcourse , but for now we need to run a seperate python file

I’m not sure if there will be a replacement then. If there is a way, I cannot help as it’s outside my abilities to help.

Personally, I’d try to make it run in a way where you can connect to it via a websocket through a custom integration.

no problem, thnx as always!

Hi there, did you managed to find a solution? I’m kind of stuck with the same issue…

Yes, but using my own custom addon , not the ssh one

And will it be possible for you to please share your solution?

its a custom written python code, not sure what you want todo ?

i just use

import sys

for line in sys.stdin:

do what you want …

ok thank you, I get the idea

Hello,
please can you help me. I used mentioned calling for copy files from folder /backup. If I try my script file in SSH terminal everything works perfectly. When I use sell_command in my Automation it can not see folder /backup, because script do everything in destination folder, but it can not find files in /backup. Do you have any idea how can I allow read this folder for automation or how to call SSH terminal from automation?

Thank you for your responses.