Replacing Alexa or Google Home by Almond and Ada

Does anyone know if there’s been any development on the #Ada / #Almond add-ons in the last few months? I don’t see anything in their Github repos, but I figured that maybe the devs could be working on things in separate branches to merge in later.

Meanwhile, it sounds like #rhasspy is moving along.

I’m just trying to figure out what the most practical, privacy-friendly voice assistant solution is likely to be within the coming year or so?

Care to share what you needed to install? I’m using HassOS but my install doesn’t seem to be recognising “Hey Ada” despite the sound input being chosen in the Ada config.

Did you find out how to get this working? I too am looking to see how this works? Can’t find any real steps on how to set this up.

I’ve had more luck using the porcupine hotword, as the default ‘hey ada’ hotword didnt exist in the install. They’ve changed the licensing regarding the hotword files, so I figured that should have moved some of the files.

To summise, I’ve been unable to get a proper working ‘satellite’ rpi, which has hotword detection and a (working) connection to Almond.

If we/they could make a guide how to replace GHome/Alexa with Almond/Ada I’d be very happy.

A devices with a good mic, small speaker and STT to Almond in a shiny ‘Blue’ hardware shell. Instant instant buy from me for sure.

For now, i’m going to try Rhasspy again

1 Like

Here here. I’m happy to help… just not sure how much help I can be at this point!