Report here on your Xiaomi Buttons (WXKG01LM, WXKG11LM, WXKG12LM)

Dragging up an old thread here… Has any one been able to get the WXKG01LM buttons to work with ZHA? I have a heap of them connected to HA via the Xiaomi Gateway but was wanting to migrate them over to my Conbee 2 stick. I tried a brand new button yesterday but it didn’t seem to link to ZHA properly. I got the device show up but it seemed like many device details were not retrieved by HA so I couldn’t do anything with it. It was then a nightmare trying to remove it from HA so I could try again (had to dive into the storage files)… and subsequently seemed to have broken HA (not starting up now :man_facepalming: )

Since a few days I have a WXKG11LM button. Took me a while to figure out how to use it, as the ZHA integration only saw a power-sensor device.

However the triggers were set-up as well and already usable. The following actions work without any problem:

• Single Click
  • Double Click
  • Long Press
  • Battery Level

What didn’t work:

• Device Shake

Hi Raphael,

Could you please provide some information on how you managed to get your buttons working?

I got 2 WXKG12LM buttons but can’t seem to make the work. I am trying with ZHA and a Sonoff CC2531 coordinator but as you said I am only getting a battery entity which is also unknown (no data retrieved).

While the Aqaras are some nice looking buttons, I still prefer my Sonoff SNZB-02 ones which where very easy to install and operate.

Hey HawkMan

The problem was not a technical issue. I assumed that I’d see the button-functions (=triggers) already during the pairing phase - which wasn’t the case. However it was already correctly set up and I could use the triggers in the automations.

I had the issue with the unknown power state as well - re-adding (if necessary multiple times) the device to the zigbee network fixed it for me.

Best,
Raphi

Hey Raphael,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, after trying to add the button several times, it showed up with all its functions. The battery percentage is showing up and the button shows up all its triggers capabilities in automations (single, double press, hold and shake).

A rather hectic procedure to add it correctly to ZHA but as long as it is working now I am rather happy.

Thank you for this link! I was going mad trying to pair my WXKG01LM switch. After first holding the reset button for 3 sec until the light starts flashing, the key to success was to keep pressing the same reset button repeatedly. Previously I was trying to push the switch itself, which wasn’t working. The first time I tried pushing the reset button, it worked!

Does anyone know if I can have a WXKG11LM paired with zigbee2mqtt controller as well as being paired with xaiomi hub (which is only acting as doorbell sounder)? Or do they have to be exclusively bound?

Thanks

All devices can only be paired with one controller at a time.

Hmmm, ok thanks. But I should hopefully be able to get HA to instruct the gateway to chime?

are you asking how to get HA to sound the chime on the hub in general (have you already got this basic functionality set up in HA and working already) or are you asking how to get the button to trigger HA to do the action that you already have working?

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear.

I currently have the Xaiomi button as a doorbell which activates a chime on Alexa (echo dot), but there is a ~5sec delay which isn’t ideal.

Wanting to have HA sound the chime on the hub instead, which will hopefully have less delay.

Thanks

Sorry I have no idea how to have HA trigger a chime on the Xiaomi hub.

Does anybody is having problem with WXKG12LM battery drain very fast? I´m using zigbee2mqtt. Change the battery almost 3 times and continuos drain in less than a week.

I got 2 of the exact model with yours paired with ZHA and the battery drain is normal. 3 times in less than a week is waaay too much for Zigbee battery powered devices even under heavy usage. There must be a problem with them. How do you use them?

Thanks @HawkMan, looks like a hardware problem

use this service call in an automation action:

- service: xiaomi_aqara.play_ringtone
        data:
          gw_mac: 34xxxxxxxxxx   #PUT YOUR GATEWAY MAC ADDRESS HERE
          ringtone_id: 10   #YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM MANY SOUND EFFECTS, SEE HA DOCS
          ringtone_vol: 20

This works for me and is pretty much instant.

1 Like

Hello,
I have several Xiaomi buttons which a succesuflly added to deCONZ (using Conbee 2 gateway).
After a certain period of time (few days I would say) they are not working in the automations. I can only see the battery level entity and that’s all.
In events, they don’t show up.
Any idea why they dissapear?
By the way, during this period I have added many devices to Conbee 2 as I am switching from Aqara gateways to Conbee 2 gateway.
Thanks

That is the lumi.sensor_switch.aq2. Can you tell me where you got them from? I know it is almost 3 years ago, but got two lumi.remote.b1acn01 today, which have less functions. :slightly_frowning_face:

Bad news, maybe: the latest ones I ordered only have single click, double click and hold & release.
I bought them on Amazon and they work well with Zigbee2MQTT:

I thought of it too. The lumi.sensor_switch.aq2 is considered the older one and probably very difficult to get. I don’t even know what on the outside box would distinguish it from the other. For the lumi.sensor_switch.aq2 I got it was not in the box as shown on that Amazon page but in the ‘new’ box.