Repository: HASS configurator

Greetings!

My configuratior was working and then suddenly stopped. I uninstalled it and then when I try to do anything to the configuration to start it up I get the following error:

not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘options’]. Got {‘username’: ‘admin’, ‘password’: None, ‘certfile’: ‘fullchain.pem’, ‘keyfile’: ‘privkey.pem’, ‘ssl’: False, ‘allowed_networks’: [‘192.168.0.0/16’], ‘banned_ips’: [‘8.8.8.8’], ‘banlimit’: 0, ‘ignore_pattern’: [‘pycache’], ‘dirsfirst’: False}

Even more strange when I keep messing with it sometimes it will try to start up on 0.0.0.0:3218 but I cannot access it there. Mostly though I just can’t get anything to happen. If I do “Reset to Defaults” and then click save I get the same error.

Ideas? :smiley:

Hello, I’m a bit confused about how to set up git within the HASS configurator add-on. I see the git pull/commit/init buttons but where do I set up my github username / email etc? Any help much appreciated :slight_smile:

The Git integration is not designed for use with GitHub.
It is meant to just create a local repository to have local versioning for the configuration. Advanced users will also be able to set up a remote repository to push to that’s reachable via SSH + PubKey authentication.
A more detailed explanation can be found here: https://github.com/danielperna84/hass-configurator/issues/84

Thanks @danielperna84

I have updated this repository. It now allows you to install the latest version of the configurator manually. Until a few minutes ago it just had a rather old version plus the info referring to the official repository.

Consider the official repository the stable one, and my repository the development one with the latest changes being available prior to the official release.

So… confused… is this the hassio addon? 0.4 is the version I see there but I think it’s been updated?

As mentioned in the other thread: this thread is about my add-on repository. Back when hassio started the configurator only was available through this repository. But then it got included as one of the base add-ons in the official repository.
The problem with the official repo is, that it always takes a while für my updates to get published. That’s why I have updated my repository to be useful again. So after adding my repository manually, you’ll be able to install the latest version that I have published. The versioning scheme I use is 3 digits, so 0.3.1 is the correct version. The version scheme of the official repo only use 2 digits. There the latest version would be 0.5. But you’ll just see that once my PR gets merged.

Thanks Daniel - I eventually worked it out. Cheers.

@DavidFW1960 could you describe how your resolved this? Having the same issue now.

What issue are you having?

After a failed login, my browser cannot access the Configurator page, either in the frame or through a direct URL. Only “no auth header received” message is received. Works fine from other browsers.

Try it with the direct URL, but include the credentials. So for example http://1.2.3.4:3218 would become http://username:[email protected]:3218.
Alternatively clearing the browser cache should fix the problem as well.

Thanks for the response. If I use the URL in an incognito window, it works fine (goes to URL, populated login window appears, and login is fine. if I use the URL in a regular Chrome window, it goes straight to the “no auth header received” message. I had tried clearing the cache and did so again a moment ago (cleared everything in fact) without any luck.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

The no auth header received message is telling you, that the username and password are missing. Did you try to access the configurator as I said with the username and password embedded in the URL?

Yes and it works in incognito but not in a regular window. Sorry if I wasn’t clear, when I referred to “the URL” in my earlier response, I meant the direct URL with the login embedded. This was done with both hassio.local and the ip address.

Hhmm, that’s odd. Try using purposly invalid credentials. Maybe this triggers the browser to show the popup for the username and password again. And before doing that restart the configurator just to make sure your client IP hasn’t been banned by all the invalid logins.

Well, i am glad I am at least not the only one confounded by this.

Restarted the Configurator and tried invalid credentials, and it still went to the no auth error. I am going to try uninstalling Configurator and reinstalling it to see if this helps.

Ok, instead, what I started with was changing the username in the Configurator config. Then, when I used the direct URL with the correct (new) credentials, it did allow me to log in. I then changed the credentials back to the old one, used the direct URL again, and was allowed to log in with the previous credentials once more. Everything seems back to normal for now. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi,

I have just tried to install this addon to a fully up to date install of Hassos on a raspberry pi3 and when I click on install I get the spinning circle then nothing.

I was hoping to have this as an alternative to ssh and samba to edit files, both of which I have had issues with.

Thanks

The variant in my repository builds the required image locally on the machine. I myself have never done that on a raspberry, so I don’t know how long that usually takes. But it probably can take a few minutes to complete.
Since you have posted half an hour ago: is it now finished? Otherwise I believe Hassos should provide relevant logs somewhere that could help find the issue.