Repository: HASS configurator

Just forward 3218 as is for your hassio’s IP.

I am unable to get this working with existing SSL setup to home assistant, which works (duckdns, let’s encrypt)
My config is:

{
  "BASEPATH": "/config",
  "HASS_API": "https://YYY.duckdns.org/api/",
  "HASS_API_PASSWORD": "ZZZ",
  "CREDENTIALS": "pi:XXX",
  "SSL_CERTIFICATE": "/ssl/fullchain.pem",
  "SSL_KEY": "/ssl/privkey.pem",
  "ALLOWED_NETWORKS": [
    "192.168.1.0/24"
  ]
}

I can access the configurator page but it invalidates SSL so I get the red warning, etc.

My port forwarding on my router looks like:
443 --> to local ip + port 8123
3218 --> to local ip

What am I missing?
Thanks.

UPDATE:

I swear I have not changed anything in my setup… but Chrome no longer warns about losing SSL and displaying a red line through https. Yay.

Perhaps Chrome was still caching something… don’t know.

Hey guys. I’ve updated the repo to include the latest version of the HASS configurator. Besides minor fixes and updated external libraries this includes the following new configuration options:

• BANNED_IPS: IP addresses that are never allowed to access the configurator.
  • IGNORE_PATTERN: Files (or extensions) to hide within the filebrowser.

Would love to get some feedback if everything is working since I don’t have a functional Hass.io environment at the moment to test the functionality. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, having some issues with IGNORE_PATTERN which I hope I could hide all the annoying files that start ._filename

Added it to my config as ”._*” and it allows me to save but when I restart it removes it from the config. Log shows this…

Logs
starting version 3.2.2
INFO:2017-08-18 00:43:43,457:main:Starting server
INFO:2017-08-18 00:43:43,474:main:Listening on: http://0.0.0.0:3218
INFO:2017-08-18 00:44:09,403:main:IP_OF_DEVICE_VIEWING_HA - “GET / HTTP/1.1” 200 -
WARNING:2017-08-18 00:44:09,460:main:Exception getting bootstrap
WARNING:2017-08-18 00:44:09,462:main:<urlopen error [Errno -2] Name does not resolve>
INFO:2017-08-18 00:44:12,831:main:IP_OF_DEVICE_VIEWING_HA - “GET /api/listdir?path=. HTTP/1.1” 200 -

Hhmm, guess I’ll have to get my hassio up and running again. The exception regarding the bootstrap indicates that your credentials for the HASS-API are not valid. Because of that you probably won’t see your entities in the dropdown menu.
The real issue here would be, that the values you enter for the new configuration are not persistent for some reason and it always reverts to the default values. I’m not sure why that would happen. Could actually be a bug in hassio itself. I’ll investigate.

Thanks Daniel. You’re quite right about the entities but I don’t know if they were there previously as I haven’t used that part, no errors that I can recall before the update though.

File editing still works fine as before so no rush.

I just tested IGORE_PATTERN in my HASS.IO environment and it’s functioning as expected, including persistence.

For what it’s worth; I’m on HA ver. 51.2, Supervisor ver 0.56, and HASS Configurator ver 0.1.1

The entity-list is actually really useful. Without it the configurator is almost like any other editor. :smiley:

@jmart518
Ok, so we’ve got one positive and one negative report regarding functionality. Lets see what further feedback we’ll get. :slight_smile:

Well there’s spooky, went to check if all my versions were the same as jmart518s, which they are, went to Configurator page and the entities had appeared, went back into Configurator config page to check for errors and they had gone, tried setting the IGNORE_PATTERN I originally wanted and all works perfectly.

No idea want happened as there’s nothing in the logs but all good now. Sorry to cause confusion earlier and thank you for an update that has solved the one thing that annoyed me about the experience!

What are all those blank 4k files anyway?

Well that’s great to hear. Then everything seems to have worked out well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps it’s a bug, as you suggested, where the different containers aren’t communicating as they should straight away. I see above pbavinck had a similar ‘it’s broken, oh, it’s fixed itself’ issue a couple of weeks ago.

Must read up on how to use all the other parts of your add-on :blush:

Hi,

Fairly new to Home Assistant and HASS.IO, just added the HASS configurator which appears to have installed OK, but on accessing the WEB UI I’m presented with a username/password prompt, I’ve tried a number of combinations but have been unable to login. I have searched this topic for password and username but have found nothing detailing which username and password I should be using, so would appreciate a push in the right direction?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi all,
Anyone having problems when navigating to files on iPad?
I can navigate to configuration.yaml for example but then cannot close down the side panel to allow editing of the yaml file.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

The default is admin and secret. There are a few more options you can (and should) configure. That’s done via the hassio UI as part of the addon settings.

@Sluddsy
Are you talking about the file browser not hiding when selecting a file, or the menu where you can select entities etc.? The file broser should be automatically hidden. The other menus visibility depends on the available screen size and only is hidden on smaller screens.

@danielperna84
The file browser does not automatically hide. It does on my iPhone by clicking the window the file I need to edit is located. On my iPad it will not allow me to edit the file as the file browser stays open.

On my Samsung Tab I find it can be a bit fussy where you click in the editing window to shut the file browser but once I found the sweet spot it’s been reliable.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel,
I didn’t scroll down, I was looking for an options button, sorry Noobs mistake.

Bob

1 Like

Thanks!
Have found the ‘sweet spot’

2 Likes

Hi!

I am unable to open the web ui. The Browser try to open XXX.spdns.de:3218, result: ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED

I’m not sure about the “Allowed_Networks”.
Is that the IP from my router? Or from the pi? Or? What is the meaning of the “/24” after the Ip?

My config is:

Blockquote
{
“BASEPATH”: “/config”,
“HASS_API”: “https://XXX.spdns.de/api/”,
“HASS_API_PASSWORD”: “XXX”,
“CREDENTIALS”: “SSS:TTT”,
“SSL_CERTIFICATE”: “/ssl/fullchain.pem”,
“SSL_KEY”: “/ssl/privkey.pem”,
“ALLOWED_NETWORKS”: [
“192.168.178.1/24”,
“192.168.178.1”