Repository: HASS configurator

In that case I’m not sure what the issue is. Maybe the used Git module (GitPython) doesn’t support pushing to github. The one time I was pushing to Github from shell it was an interactive process where I had to manually authenticate and paste some long key. This interactiveness isn’t available for the configurator. I guess this can be automated with environment variables, but these then would be needed for the user the configurator is running, and again, the Git module would need to make use of that.
In the end all the configurator does is git push. Setting up the remote and authenticating has to be done manually, since this depends on what the user is doing.

Not sure if this is the right place or not.
I am running Hass.io on an RPI 3. I had the Configurator addon (from the Built-in Add-ons) installed and working fine. Then I tried to update to the latest version. Now whenever I try to start the addon I get the following error:
18-01-23 20:41:05 ERROR (SyncWorker_12) [hassio.docker] Can’t create container from addon_core_configurator: 409 Client Error: Conflict (“Conflict. The container name “/addon_core_configurator” is already in use by container “4c679a5758ea26b7987058155c29f566af419f989750fe703a5f811fbe16f3d9”. You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.”)

I’m not sure how to remove the old container (if that is what I need to do)

hi i managed to enter in the configurator entering https://192.168.0.100:3218/ but i cant in the frontend i get this, hope someone could help

What browser are you using? Usually it should as you for the credentials you have set up.

I’m using Chrome…What can i do?

Great add-on! Anyone enlighten me as to the ignore_pattern structure for ignoring a folder? (deps)

Should be as simple as IGNORE_PATTERN = ["deps"]

Thanks. I tried “deps/” but that didn’t work. “deps” does though so thanks for that. Should we be able to navigate back past the /config directory? Makes me nervous when the editor can see your system files in Hass.io

In hassio that’s not a problem since that only shows files from the configurator-container. So everything outside of that scope is safe.
Besides that I assume you have set up credentials and possibly some durther restrictions via IP’s or networks to limit access to the configurator. With that in place the only one who can break anything with the configurator would be yourself. :wink:

Thanks. That’s what I was worried about! :smile:

as i understand firefox is not supported? installed and got this look…

It should be. This is how it looks in my Firefox:

Did you try clearing the cach of your browser?

cleaned. still same. firefox 58.0.2

I’m using Firefox 58.0.2 and it works. What does your configurator setup file look like as you have folders listed first?

Mine has this in it.

"ignore_pattern": [
    "*.db",
    "*.log",
    "*.conf",
    "*.uuid",
    "*.HA_VERSION",
    "__pycache__",
    "deps",
    "Default",
    ".*"
  ],
  "dirsfirst": false
}

Could it be that you don’t use the regular 100% zoom? For me it looks like on your screenshot if I zoom out to a value below 90%. So try pressing CTRL and + to zoom in.
This might also happen if the dpi-setting of your system is different than usual.

BINGO! you are right. thanx!

1 Like

Greetings!

My configuratior was working and then suddenly stopped. I uninstalled it and then when I try to do anything to the configuration to start it up I get the following error:

not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘options’]. Got {‘username’: ‘admin’, ‘password’: None, ‘certfile’: ‘fullchain.pem’, ‘keyfile’: ‘privkey.pem’, ‘ssl’: False, ‘allowed_networks’: [‘192.168.0.0/16’], ‘banned_ips’: [‘8.8.8.8’], ‘banlimit’: 0, ‘ignore_pattern’: [‘pycache’], ‘dirsfirst’: False}

Even more strange when I keep messing with it sometimes it will try to start up on 0.0.0.0:3218 but I cannot access it there. Mostly though I just can’t get anything to happen. If I do “Reset to Defaults” and then click save I get the same error.

Ideas? :smiley:

Hello, I’m a bit confused about how to set up git within the HASS configurator add-on. I see the git pull/commit/init buttons but where do I set up my github username / email etc? Any help much appreciated :slight_smile:

The Git integration is not designed for use with GitHub.
It is meant to just create a local repository to have local versioning for the configuration. Advanced users will also be able to set up a remote repository to push to that’s reachable via SSH + PubKey authentication.
A more detailed explanation can be found here: https://github.com/danielperna84/hass-configurator/issues/84

Thanks @danielperna84