Repository: HASS configurator

There once was a bug where the last element in the filebrowser was hidden because it didn’t scroll far enough. Could you please try to create another folder with the configurator to make sure you’re not running into that issue?

OK, done and worked ok.
There was white space at the bottom off the file listing, nothing at all showing at all. For some reason I thought “just click it” and the missing file came up. I am not sure if this is something to do with firefox or not.

Thanks

It’s a bug in the layout of the configurator. Did you install the configurator from the official repository or my private one? The official add-on hasn’t received updates for a while. The version in my repository has this bug fixed.

I installed it from the official repository.

Ok. Then you have the option to remove the add-on, add my repository (https://github.com/danielperna84/hassio-addons), and then install the configurator from there. You’ll get the latest version, which includes the UI-fix.

When doing this i get:

WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.addons.data] Can't read /data/addons/git/b794684e/hass-configurator/config.json: required key not provided @ data['arch']. Got None

I don’t know where that’s coming from. My addon should be independent of the architecture. But maybe a recent change in hassio requires an adjustment. Maybe someone reading along is able to help.

Yeah, apparently arch is now required in config.json, opened a PR to (hopefully) fix it.

Thanks. I have merged it. :+1:

Hey,
ive installed, then following the instrucstions here:

ive updated the code and hit save, however i get the error:

not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘options’]. Got {‘username’: ‘admin’, ‘password’: ‘xx’, ‘certfile’: ‘fullchain.pem’, ‘keyfile’: ‘privkey.pem’, ‘ssl’: False, ‘allowed_networks’: [‘192.168.0.0/16’], ‘banned_ips’: [‘8.8.8.8’], ‘banlimit’: 0, ‘ignore_pattern’: [‘pycache’], ‘dirsfirst’: False}

{
  "username": "admin",
  "password": "xxxxx",
  "certfile": "fullchain.pem",
  "keyfile": "privkey.pem",
  "ssl": false,
  "allowed_networks": [
    "192.168.0.0/16"
  ],
  "banned_ips": [
    "8.8.8.8"
  ],
  "banlimit": 0,
  "ignore_pattern": [
    "__pycache__"
  ],
  "dirsfirst": false
}

Did you install from my repository or from the official add-on store?

Hi,

I might be going crazy:sweat_smile:

I am almost sure that i was able to edit files in the “share” folder (haasio), where i have the zigbee2mqtt folder and in there the config.yaml. Since i have updated to the latest from https://github.com/danielperna84/hassio-addons i am not able to navigate to the share folder…

Is this true?

Yes - I found the same last week - no access to share using the configurator. Samba and SSH were fine though but not configurator. I really don’t remember if you could ever do that or if it’s an option in the addon or not.

EDIT: it is an option. Make sure enforce_basepath is false and you can get to share folder.

When using the core Configurator add-on (from the official add-on store) you can access those folder because of a change I made half a year ago.
However, when using the add-on from Daniel Perna’s repo over here, this is not mapped. So it’s simply just not possible.
(As can be seen in th config: https://github.com/danielperna84/hassio-addons/blob/master/hass-configurator/config.json#L15)

2 Likes

Ahh, that explains it all. I wanted to install from the official add-on store just to compare but all of a sudden it is not available for my system anymore (aarch64).

It should be available. Is your Home Assistant up-to-date? Needs to be at least v0.91.1.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of that, thanks!

I didn’t really notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. I have applied those changes to my repo now. I won’t bump the version because the configurator itself hasn’t changed. But I assume deleting and re-adding the repo and re-installing the addon will fix this issue for current users.

1 Like

Just rebuilded it was enough to make it work again. :+1:

1 Like

Hi @danielperna84

I’m trying to add SSL to configurator, which I’ve pulled from the official repo for HASS.IO.
The config is the default:

{
  "dirsfirst": false,
  "enforce_basepath": false,
    "__pycache__"
  ]
}

So looking in the docs, I changed it to:

{
  "SSL_CERTIFICATE": "/ssl/combined.pem",
  "SSL_KEY": "/ssl/server.key",
  "dirsfirst": false,
  "enforce_basepath": false,
    "__pycache__"
  ]
}

I’ve tried both upper and lowercase.
But when I save the config, it just removes the added lines when I restart or reenter the config page?