Reset values of utility_meter

Yes. Some posts back i posted this. It’s 2kWh more now, as some time has past since then.

The question now is: Where to address this? Ask the plugin author?
I could use rest sensors, and skip the ShellyForHass plugin and use rest? What do you propose? I don’t know pros/cons of either approach.

No, your total energy meter for all three phases checks out.

I’m having trouble seeing what the problem is now. I’m just about to hit up google translate to see what you have called your meters.

Sorry. I thought it was obvious:

From top:
.) total consumption (that’s the summed up value of all 3 phases)
.) consumption last hour
.) … day
.) … week
.) … month
.) this year

utility_meter:
  shelly_h_energy:
    source: sensor.shelly_total_power_consumption
    cycle: hourly
  shelly_d_energy:
    cycle: daily
  shelly_w_energy:
    cycle: weekly
  shelly_m_energy:
    cycle: monthly
  shelly_y_energy:
    cycle: yearly

Vielleicht, wenn ich Deutsch spreche :slight_smile:

They do seem to be out by a factor of 1000 but I can’t see why.

I thought everyone speaks fluent German. My bad :wink: Sorry for not having them translated in the first case!! I hope its more clear now.
And I guess you sumed it up correctly. Values are all shown in kWh, and still the system takes them as Wh. I may just skip Shelly integration and use rest sensors. Do you see any disadvantage doing it that way?

1 Like

I don’t see any advantage. Your sensor for total energy is correct.

When it goes up by 1kWh your utility meters should also each go up by 1kWh. Not 1000kWh as seems to be happening.

1 Like

Switched to rest sensors, adopted the totalling sensor, and all seems to work now (at least it did for the last 2x 5min cycles).

Thanks @tom_l for you help!!

1 Like

Great!

But why?

I’m guessing it has something to do with the sensor class and unit. The state may actually be in Wh but defining a unit of kW displays them as divided by 1000. Like if you define a binary sensor device class the underlying states are still ‘on’ and ‘off’ but they are displayed as things like open/closed, movement/clear etc…

What do your three Shelly for Hass sensor states look like in the developer tools / states menu?

I posted that already. Please look up some posts.
They all show kWh. I do NOT alter any of those. I’m totally out of ideas. But who cares now. I got a working solution. Thanks

All I see are Lovelace screen shots. Which may be altered by the sensor class and unit.

Humour me. Look this up in the dev tools states menu:

sensor.shelly_shem_3_dc4f227648a6_1_total_consumption

Well that blows that theory out of the water then.

:man_shrugging:

Oh man. Was working fine for two days. I was not changing A THING. Totally nothing. And out of the blue …

Any relevant errors in the log?

How many days is your recorder set to retain?

Did you restart HA shortly before 11am?

It happened at 10:29:16, and there are absolutely NO relevant logs at that time.

purge_interval: 1
purge_keep_days: 5

And no restarts at all …

Strange thing is: It still works for the hour…

Are you still on 0.108.x?

Because you have to remove that line before updating to 0.109, just FYI.

I’ve got no idea why this happens to you. Diogo commented earlier so hopefully he has been following along and will comment if he as anything to help.

Yes. 1.108.9, thanks for the reminder.
I’m completely out of ideas what could have caused that. Especially because I didn’t touch it. It was running untouched for 48h+

It’s really strange:

Today at 10:29:30 the value of 1.628,01 was added to daily, weekly, monthly and yearly sumup, but NOT to the hourly one, and since then ALL of them are running fine again. Just a 1.628,01 delta of course. :astonished:

Try upgrading HA to 0.109.4, there was a patch for the Utility meter. No idea if it will help: