REST API command/platform fails on POST to external URL (solcast)

You are correct, I get the same issue.

It affects the History sensor – the forecast one still works (which is what I primarily use).

Will have a look somewhere (as I mentioned, it isn’t my add-on though!)

Understood. If it’s just history, yep no big problem

Hi all,

I now updated to the newest version of home assistant and thus fixed the issue in my code (sorry for the delay).
In addition, I added optional configs to set the number of API calls the historical fetching should use, disable SSL certificate checks (was an issue on some NAS Systems) and disable the forecast fetching at midnight (just add an automation to call the update_forecast service of the solcast component to set your desired update time of the forecast).

Greetings
Philipp

3 Likes

Hi @Zarch ,
yes when fetching the forecast, it only includes the energy from the time of the request until the end of the day. The integration simply fetches the data from solcast and splits it in the different days to sum up the total forecasted energy. Not the best solution, but stateless.

1 Like

My GitHub repository is now prepared to be used in HACS as custom repo.

3 Likes

Super cool, thanks for the update @dannerph I added via HACS. Not important at all but you may want to add a logo and some default text. :smile:

There should be some text now :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for resolving the issues, now I can go back to complaining at the weather.

Cheers

noob question:

The history of the solcast_forecast entity presents 3 values for the forecast of the 3 next days.
How to present the 3 values in lovelace? If I select to show the entity value it only displays 1 forecast value (current day).

Hi @smdx, the three values are attributes (tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and the day after the day after tomorrow).

If you want to view/display/use them individually, the best way would be to create a template sensor based on each attribute.

For example (note I haven’t actually tested this, as I don’t use the forecast):

sensor:
  -  platform: template
     sensors:
       solcast_day_after_tomorrow:
         friendly_name: "Day after tomorrow's forecast solar production"
         unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
         value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.solcast_forecast', 'the day after tomorrow') }}"

Thanks. all fine now :slight_smile:

Hi All

I have had solcast working for sometime, have the forecast graphs etc and my stats have been uploading for some time

If I goto https://api.solcast.com.au/rooftop_sites/XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX/measurements it only seem to show the last months and no further back but I have been uploading since december

Any idea how long this page should show and possibly why my system is not showing as tuned?

I have logged a ticket with support and they said they would look at and not come back yet. Logged another ticket today

It seems to give me the latest 1000 entries when I look at that page (I queried with ?format=json on the end). I’m not sure how to tell it to show older entries - either giving a date range or page number - I couldn’t see any documentation about it.

I think I’ve been sending since the mid to end of December. Mine isn’t showing as tuned either, but I’d assumed that was probably due to them needing a lot of data, especially this time of year (in Northern hemisphere at least) with the sun so low in the sky - so possibly more shading issues - my system has more shading this time of year than it will soon, once the sun starts getting above the top of the trees. And that is changing day by day as the sun gets higher and higher now.

@matthewjporter did you hear anything back from Solcast?

I’ve just seen the following when logging on to their site:

Thanks for using the API Toolkit! We wanted to let you know that we have decommissioned PV Tuning for hobbyist users.

You will no longer be able to POST PV measurements to the Solcast API. However, we are offering you the capability to add a 2nd rooftop site to your account. This 2nd site must be at the same location, and is only meant to help you accurately forecast for split array systems.

Simply reply to this message if you’d like to access your 2nd site for free.

Happy solar forecasting!

Somewhat frustrating, as I only have a single direction array, but have a lot of tree impact in winter - fine when the sun is higher later in the year though, that I was hoping this would compensate for.

Interesting… I wonder if they are phasing out, or grandfathering existing setups - I don’t see that message when logging in, and my tuning still seems to be operational (last upload 4 minutes ago).

I got the same message yesterday on their site. :unamused:

For info my account is one of the slightly older ones that still allows for 20 API calls / day. So I assume they are stopping POST for all.

That is weird - I’m probably similar era (I have the 20 free API calls) - my “Tuned Date” (presumably when I first tuned) is May 2020.

Yep, I got the same message

Good job I have two roofs but annoying non the less

Same message here, I’m also on one of the older accounts.

It is a pity, the tuning definitely made a massive difference in my setup (which is split setup but with the tuning it wasn’t necessary to do 2 sites). Before the tuning kicked in, their model predicted much higher than I actually got, so will have to “tune” it manually I guess…

I wonder if the existing tuning will continue to apply, or will it literally revert back to the old model?

I have a “new” account and have the same warning…