Rest attributes to a single Home Assistant sensor Attributes

Hello,
I’m wondering if it is possible to convert returning attributes from a Restful API to Home Assistant attributes (in a singe sensor) in order to avoide multiple rest sensors and api calls.

Thank you.

I’m interested in this too. It would be great to be able to have the RESTful Sensor be able to poll a website once, and be able to pull out multiple JSON values as individual attributes.

+1
I hope that this feature will be available in the upcoming releases
I think that many people would be interested

Really interested if this exists or not

I would also be interested in this functionality!

I would be interested in this too, since I have some microcontrollers that deliver multiple data elements as a single JSON object and I’d rather not hit them too often for power reasons. I was hoping I might be able to use a single RESTful sensor that reads the JSON string and then multiple Template sensors that extract the JSON fields but I can’t find a way to extract the JSON object from an arbitrary status string in a Template sensor.

I retrieve info in a php file and then send that info to a HA owntrack device tracker using mqtt. The result is that I can put info into the attributes of a device tracker. Perhaps you can repurpose a device tracker for your sensor.

To get info from HA api I use a HA shell command to execute a python script that retrieve the json info. You can then post to a mqtt feed and update at the rate you want.

https://home-assistant.io/developers/python_api/

+1
Can we convert this thread into a feature request?

1 Like