Restart HASS

Are you putting Dockerfile, config.json, and run.sh in the addons/hello_world/ folder?

1 Like

@NotoriousBDG Yes. Hereā€™s a shot.

.Untitled

Hrm. Not sure if it matters, but can you verify line endings on the files are Unix style?

Just simple LF on each line. Appreciate your helping with this!

Hey everyone!
I am completely new to Home-Assistant and Hassio. Recently installed a new Raspberry Pi3 with the Hassio image. Tried setting up my first sensor from YR and performed the check before hitting restart. Now nothing happens and I cant access the GUI any more. Since I only added the SSH add-on but havent configured any keys, I assume I have to pull the plug to restart? However, I am curios why it wont restart?

Big mistake that I learnt the hard way, set up SSH and make sure itā€™s working BEFORE you do anything else. You donā€™t have to use keys, you can use a good old fashioned password instead to get going in seconds. The optionā€™s there in the config.

In my old install I had a script to restart Home Assistant that looked like this:

script:
  restart_ha:
    alias: Restart HomeAssistant
    sequence:
      - alias: Restart HA
        service: homeassistant.restart

I used that to create a restart button. It doesnā€™t seem to be working in hass.io. Is there a service I can call to replace this restart?

I too need auto restart.
How to setup daily restart of hassio at night or like after 6hrs from sunset ?

Hi, first post very new to HASSIO so take it easy on me, I wrote an automation script as follows, which works fine for me:

Restart HASSIO at 3am each morning

• alias: Restart HASSIO
    trigger:
    platform: time
    at: 03:00:00
    action:
    • service: homeassistant.restart
3 Likes

This is why home assistant is still far away than then leaders (inferiors)ā€¦ nothing works out of the boxā€¦ always a painā€¦

1 Like

You are both necro posting and wrong. My home assistant works 24/7. Updates always work. Restarts always work.

1 Like

Me too. Super stable when set up properly.

sureā€¦ then out the blue all your automatons are goneā€¦ wait a minuteā€¦ this should be all about automationā€¦