Reverse engineering communications

I am not sure if this is the right place, but.

I can reverse engineer various protocols, specifically BT, BLE, Wifi and similar when I have time.

I do not have the expertise or time to develop integrations or add-ons.

What would be the best way to collaborate on developing integrations or add-ons?

Example: La Crosse weather stations, BT smart scales, BT grill thermometers, WiFi thermostat

Thanks.

You could publish your findings in a github repository or here on the forums. And then you could create a feature request linking to this repository. And then hope a developer will implement it. :slight_smile:

I reverse engineered a BLE protocol myself for tire pressure sensors, and created a custom integration for it, based on the way that other BLE integration are made.

Eventually I want to submit it as an integration for HA, but it’s not perfect yet.

Would you be intersted to integrate Nikobus?
The protocol is known (see Nikobus support - #4 by fabaff)

I think La Crosse weather stations have been reverse engineered as part of RTL-STL, which has a MQTT interface (not checked - all from memory).

Would you be intersted to integrate Nikobus?
The protocol is known (see Nikobus support - #4 by fabaff )

I was not clear. I meant the other half of development. I can capture the communication and reverse engineer it, so someone else can implement it in Home Assistant.

Ah ok, I am in the same situation. Nikobus protocol is known but no clue how to integrate it in HA