Rewritten Tesla Style Solar Power Card

Thanks for that. This change certainly has messed up my maths. Video is interesting.
Looking in Developer Tools the base numbers look OK and match what the Powerwall app says. The Energy stats graphs are all good as well. It’s just down to sorting the Tesla Style Power Card problems.

Currently, getting darkish, wife is cooking and most coming from solar and rest from grid. Nothing from battery according to my card, whereas in truth it’s all from battery. An interesting evening is in the offing!

Thanks again for the comments.

I have used the old card as well as the new one. I have recetnly switched from the HACS @safepay to the official HA version of Fronius. Maybe this was a bad idéa? So first of all, For thoose of you that have Fronius what integration are you using? And secondly can anyone with the official Fronius integration share a Tesla Solar card code? I just can not get this working and my numbers are mixed up. Looks like this now:

type: custom:tesla-style-solar-power-card
name: Power Flow
house_entity: sensor.current_consumed_positive
grid_entity: sensor.current_grid_usage
generation_entity: sensor.power_photovoltaics_fronius_power_flow_0_192_168_0_3
generation_to_grid_entity: sensor.current_generation_to_grid
generation_to_house_entity: sensor.current_generation_to_house
grid_to_house_entity: sensor.current_generation_to_house
house_extra_entity: sensor.nordpool_kwh_se3_sek_2_10_025
generation_extra_entity: sensor.dark_sky_cloud_coverage
appliance1_consumption_entity: sensor.vf1ag000361750753_charging_power
hide_inactive_lines: 1
change_house_bubble_color_with_flow: 1
energy_flow_diagramm: 0
energy_flow_diagramm_line_factor: 5
show_w_not_kw: 1
threshold_in_k: 1
view_layout:
  position: main

The main issue is that the house consumptions shows wrong value. I have added extra templates.hacard1

Does anyone with a Tesla Powerwall that’s using this card know how to accurately configure a daily consumption sensor for house power consumption in kWh?

Specifically for house_extra_entity I would like the top number to show me how much energy my home has consumed today and then reset to zero at midnight. I have corresponding sensors over the solar (how much produced) and grid (how much pulled from grid).

I originally setup a Utility Meter sensor to look at the sensor.powerwall_load_import from the Tesla Powerwall integration, which appears to regularly match what’s reported in the Tesla app for total daily home consumption. However, I have noticed that the number appears to be inflated when my Powerwall charges from solar. It doesn’t exactly add up, but it’s within a few tenths of a kWh, so I’m thinking I need to somehow create a sensor that excludes battery charging as home energy consumption. It’s too bad the Tesla Integration just don’t provide a sensor that shows the same daily numbers reported in the app.

Any pointers for configuing a sensor to show me this value above the home icon in this card? Thanks!

I pretty much do what you have suggested. I have a utility meter on load_import.

The numbers seem to be out by a small margin as well. 12.6 kWh vs 12.8 kWh.

Thanks. I really don’t get why mine is so off.

I’m wondering if there’s a problem with the Tesla PowerWall integration or something. Here are the types of differences I’m seeing day to day. Sharing in case anyone is seeing differences.

Apr 28 (as of right now)

• Tesla - 56.5 kWh
  • HA Consumption Sensor from Tesla Integration - 61.6 kWh
  • Energy Dashboard - 57.7 kWh

Apr 27

• Tesla - 36.2 kWh
  • HA - 42.3 kWh
  • Energy Dashboard - 36.2 kWh

Apr 26

• Tesla - 33.1 kWh
  • HA - 36.3 kWh
  • Energy Dashboard - 32.9 kWh

Apr 25

• Tesla - 36.2 kWh
  • HA - 37.1 kWh
  • Energy Dashboard - 36.4 kWh

Apr 24

• Tesla - 71.8 kWh
  • HA - 78.2 kWh
  • Energy Dashboard - 71.7 kWh

Apr 23

• Tesla - 69.1 kWh
  • HA - 78.9 kWh
  • Energy Dashboard - 69 kWh

Can you check back against the HA energy dashboard.

I get really close results there. Thus I suspect the error maybe the utility meter calculations.

Screenshot 2022-04-29 12.18.56

good call. I just updated my previous post with those values too.

The Energy Dashboard is definitely closer to the Tesla app than my HA utility sensor. So you think it’s a utility meter calculation error?

Are there any plans to adapt this awesome card to match the style of the standard energy dashboard of Home Assistant? The two cards are similar in setup but not in style.
Energy dashboard:
Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 21.17.37
Tesla style solar power card:
Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 21.18.07

If you are just looking for the gaps in the connecting lines, use this config

show_gap: true

That’s a nice one, thanks. But I also ment the color and thicker circles.

For those with Tesla Wall Connectors and using this awesome integration, what’s the preferred method to insert consumption data for the Tesla Wall Connector on one of the appliances?

I just replaced my JuiceBox with a Tesla Wall Connector and was surprised to see it measure three separate phases for Current and Voltage, but not the aggregate watts actively being used.

This person has created a config Value Template or this calculation, but is there a more preferred way to bring this information into the Tesla Style Solar Power Card?

@reptilex / Hi Guys,

Awesome UI Card, Thank you I have been using it since 2021.

Since the latest HA update to 2024.06.1 I note that the bubbles and the numbers have all become very small and unreadable on my Android phone. I refer to this one card almost every time that I open HA as it gives me a perfect overview of everything that I want to see. Is there anyway to increase the bubble size and the text font sizes to make them proportional and how they used to be?

Thank you for any feedbacks.

Thank you for the update, Now it is perfect again!