RF devices with Sonoff RF Bridge on Tasmota Firmware: get sensor state on startup

Here…

binary_sensor:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: sensor_name
    state_topic: "tele/sonoff/RESULT"
    value_template: '{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}'
    payload_on: E8AC99 

It’s looks like you might have an “open” sensing only sensor, so you might want to consider a timer (automation) to reset it to closed (or it gets a bit pointless).

thanks a lot @AussieByrd i will test it tonight
what kind of automation can i have ?
currently i have this:

- platform: mqtt
    name: Correio
    state_topic: "tele/sonoff/RESULT"
    value_template: '{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}'
    payload_on: E8AC99 

eventually, but i dont know how to do it, i could have an automation that everyday cleans this notifications. in alternative, and this would be the best for me, having instead of the notifications somethink like:

Card:

YOU GOT MAIL – YES
then a button that reset the value and give
“MAIL CHECKED” DURING THE REST OF THE DAY
THEN AT MIDNIGHT IT RESET’S AND SAYS “YOU DONT HAVE MAIL”

Asking to much right?

I haven’t played with these too much, but you might want to take a look at Alerts. And acknowledging alerts.

Check out the attribute off_delay in the mqtt binary sensor documentation. This seems like exactly what you might want.

You probably already have an answer, but another solution is to listen for the RF bridge’s native MQTT messages and create automations (or even a single templated automation) in Home Assistant which publish retained messages for individual sensors. I’ve moved to this method because it’s easier to maintain them in a centralized place than to have separate rules contained in various tasmota devices.

Hi, and could you please publish some example of automation’s base on native MQTT messages from RF bridge?
thanks

Check out this thread:

There is any way to make tasmota identify the RF devices like the zibgee does? I want to have individual topic for every device, but not with rules because this means that I already know the codes, and I don’t. I have all sensors setup in positions, working, I know the open/close codes, but I don’t know the Low Battery codes, and with a setting which forces tasmota to send diferent topics for every device, I can know when a device will tell me a different code from what I know already…

There is something like this in tasmota RF Bridge?