RF motion sensor, Pilight and HA

Hi!. I have cheap RF433 motion sensor, and pilight with arduino reciever. How can i set it up in HA as binary sensor?

RF433 motion sensor are rarely fit for a binary sensor, since they only send one command. So they are fit for a trigger but not for a binary state. Check related discussion here.

Hi. Just today I shared my config in the “Share your porjects” section: [HOW-TO] Integrating a 433 RF Motion Sensor using a Pilight Switch (and extending range of a Z-Wave motion sensor) Hope that helps!

1 Like

Just do something like this:

binary_sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      hallway_movement:
        value_template: "{{ states.switch.motion_hallway.state == 'on' }}"
        sensor_class: motion
      toilet_movement:
        value_template: "{{ states.switch.motion_wc.state == 'on' }}"
        sensor_class: motion

And then hide the original switch.xxx in customization.
This is how I make 2 433mhz motion sensor of kaku available in HA.
But these motion sensors sent an “off” signal after x seconds of not detecting movement.

2 Likes

Thank you all for replies! First of all i tried variant with pilight-switch, but something went wrong, it was not work. But after update it began:). So, now all works via template binary sensor and switch. My PIRs also don’t send off signal, so i just make script to turn them off after they are seeing motion.

@jumper047 My PIR sends an off-signal but since RF is not the most robust technology I actually also set the switch in addition to the off signal to off using an automation…