RFXCOM unavailable after upgrade to 0.113

Good morning,

I did just deploy the upgrade to the newest version of HA 0.113. When the system came up the RFXCOM needed some attention.

All good, but i cannot add the option “assumed_state” anymore. Hopefully this wil return on some update, i used this to see the nice on/off slider instead of the two flash icons.

But the switches are not showing up in the google-assistant app anymore. I have tried everything to get them back, but they just wont show up there. Anyone who is running in this issue as well?

configuration.yaml:

google_assistant:
  project_id: !secret google_project
  service_account: !include <snip>.json
  report_state: true
  exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - light
rfxtrx:
  device: /dev/ttyUSB0
  devices:
    # Remote 1.1
    0b110000007b452201010f70:
    # Remote 1.2
    0b110006007b452202010f60:
    # Remote 1.3
    0b11000a007b452203010f60:
    # Remote 1.4
    0b11000c007b452204010f60:
1 Like

I’m running HA for a day now. So I’m no expert at all. Maybe this helps:

homeassistant:  
  customize:
    #RFX Light 1 
    switch.rfxlight_1:
      assumed_state: false

I got the switches back, but I have to use the remote one time to get them working…

1 Like

Aha, i will check the customize config. DId not think about that, as i removed everything (rfxtrx related) from there.

Welcome to the HA world :wink:

Trying to figuring things out…

This seems interesting: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/38077

Marxkemp! Your solution works well!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

1 Like

I have the same issue.
Will try as described asap and respond.

Hey Ralf,

Here is my working config:

configuration.yaml:

rfxtrx:
  device: /dev/ttyUSB0
  devices:
    # Remote 1.1
    0b110000007b452201010f70:
    # Remote 1.2
    0b110006007b452202010f60:
    # Remote 1.3
    0b11000a007b452203010f60:
    # Remote 1.4
    0b11000c007b452204010f60:

The actual switch entities are generated, check hem via settings -> integrations.

customize.yaml

switch.ac_07b4522_1:
switch.ac_07b4522_2:
switch.ac_07b4522_3:
switch.ac_07b4522_4:

Don’t forget to update your automations as well.

Cheers

1 Like

Good evening,

how do we do now to have the name of a shutter in clear?

I explain myself in the map of my shutters, before version 113.0 I have in clear “cover.room2_volet” and now I have “cover.rfy_010101_1”.

You immediately see the problem: when you have 20 shutters. It would be nice to have the name of the shutter.

In my situation the new names where on the same sequence as the actual entities in “devices”.

I needed a starting point, so i just changed my config accordingly. I got lucky. A quick run through the house confirmed everything worked as it should.

The problem with klikaanklikuit (clickonclickoff) is, the devices themselves are not reporting back like tasmota or esphome devices. I think this is the problem with auto-generating names for the entities.

20 shutters will be a pain to reconfigure but i think if you try, say 3 or 4, and see if they are sequential, you might get lucky too! :four_leaf_clover:

Thanks for all the help, got it up and running again.

Maybe it is helpful to know that you do not need to re-learn all your devices.
Instead, sit before the device and test which one it is by switching on/off through the rfxtrx integration (where your devices are listed).

/ Ralf

EDIT: the only problem i still have is that my blinds are only shown as on/off and i have no switch available (they seem to be registered as binary_sensors). Anyone knows how to change this?

I do only own some KAKU switch units. So no way to try it out… But i came across this link in another topic:

There is described how to change your switch into a dimmer… Not sure if a dimmer and blinds are the same… I guess not - but this might give you a stating point.

Edit: Perhaps set add this to the rfxtrx: config:

automatic_add: true

Cheers

I have the same issue: RFXCOM is not available anymore after upgrade to 0.113.
I do not understand the situation completely
So I have to move
cover:

• platform: rfxtrx
    devices:
    071a000000000001: # RFY
    name: Rol links

But how does the system know this is a cover?

Can someone explain the solution a bit more?
I do have klik aan klik uit and Somfi RFX blinds which stopped working
*** Solved thanks in 0.113.1 **

@Roro from my understanding, what you have to do now is take the rfxtrx entries out of the individual areas, such as light/cover/switch etc. and then add them under the rfxtrx entry instead.

I also have the issue that I got this to work, but all my devices got brought in as switches instead of dimmers/lights, so thank you @RoeBus for the GitHub link!

I posted about this on another thread and submitted a GitHub issue too:

1 Like

I don’t quite understand the benefit of this. After the update, my switches and covers were no longer available. If you have to put everything under the rfxtrx without a sub category, how do you know the difference between a switch, cover and dimmer? I have reverted the update because I only see disadvantages in this update and a lot of work to get everything working again.

3 Likes