RFXComm - SEAV TX4

I’ve been searching for half a day now how to make my SEAV TX4 remote work with HASS. The SEAV remote works on RFXCom (tested with the RFXmgr). You can find it under the ‘fan’ section. :slight_smile: I’ve added an example of a command sent by the RFXmgr.

Fan command
 ================================================
 Packettype    = Fan
 subtype       = SEAV TXS4
 Sequence nbr  = 35
 Switches      = J1=open,  SW1=Off,  SW2=Off
 ID            = 10A  SW1 1=Off,  2=Off,  3=Off,  4=Off,  5=Off,  6=Off,  7=On,  8=Off,  9=Off,  10=Off
 Command       = T1
 Signal level  = 0  -120dBm
 ------------------------------------------------
 ------------------------------------------------
 Packettype        = Receiver/Transmitter Message
 subtype           = Transmitter Response
 Sequence nbr      = 35
 response          = ACK, data correct transmitted

I’m a developer myself so worse case I’ll have to check for myself how to program it into HASS. But before doing that I’d like to ask if anyone else already had success with setting up this remote in HASS (or even domoticz).

I’m pretty new to this forum so please feel free to point me out if this wasn’t the correct category to post it in!

@tpx01 did you find a solution?

Hi, I haven’t spent time to solve the issue yet due to rapid expansion of the system on other areas of my house. To be honest this thing is on my short term list to crack/configure as it is the only thing that isn’t integrated in my system yet.

Maybe @b_weijenberg or @Danielhiversen can help out with this.

1 Like

Did you get this working? I also have a SEAV TX4, controlling a cooker hood that I would like to integrate into home assistant as fan + lights.

I have not found a solution

Me neither! Spent hours trying to crack this nut. I can’t find a way to get the code. (Although I can configure and use it in the RFXtool).

I’ve got this working (after a lot of hours ;-))

I’ve used version of pyRFXtrx library with Fan pull request applied, then it’s key to use the right ID code to get it working.

Totally overlooked that it could be the library! Maybe a stupid question but how did you construct the ID code?

The RFXtrx manual has a section on how to construct the ID. Alternatively, you can see it in the RFXCom manager app on windows when you set the parameters right.

I’ve put my code on: https://github.com/thomasdelaet/pyRFXtrx

The example/send.py application is what I use:

• I have the send.py app running on a device with the transmitter attached
  • Home assistant publishes T1/T2/T3/T4 commands on MQTT broker that send.py is connected to and takes action accordingly …

In version 0.113 of Home Assistant it will be possible to send RfxTrx event codes with the new rfxtrx.send service.

I just tested this in the beta release and this works great.

First capture and test the needed code for each remote button in the Rfx Manager application. And copy this code so that it can be usd in service call.

So I think this topic can be closed soon.

1 Like

@Marsman any succes? :sunglasses:

Yes this works perfect. Below an example of the script that I use to control the fan.

afzuigkap_aan_uit:
  alias: Afzuigkap aan/uit
  icon: mdi:power
  mode: single
  sequence:
  - data:
      event: 081703090055400400
    service: rfxtrx.send
afzuigkap_verlichting:
  alias: Afzuigkap verlichting
  icon: mdi:lightbulb
  sequence:
  - data:
      event: 081703090055400300
afzuigkap_harder:
  alias: Afzuigkap harder
  icon: mdi:fan-plus
  sequence:
  - data:
      event: 081703090055400200
afzuigkap_zachter:
  alias: Afzuigkap zachter
  icon: mdi:fan-minus
  sequence:
  - data:
      event: 081703090055400100
1 Like

I used RFXmngr application that you can download from Rfxcom.com website.

After installing and linking it to your RFXtrx device you could then click on the remote and it will capture the event with Id for that button on screen. You can just copy that id and remove spaces. I am not sure anymore if it already worked with the default protocols checked on or if I needed to turn one of the remaining ones.

BTW I started first by updating the firmware of the RFXtrx device. I would recommend that too, because I vaguely remember that I was not able to spot the required Id in earlier version.

1 Like

After a long search I noticed this thread and I am very happy. My last hurdle in the home automation was the ABK unit (afzuigkap) that used the SEAV TXS 4 NEW remote (which I assume is the same). I use HA integrated into a Homey Pro which is actually capable of transmitting the RF signals. Thus some work to do in the next month or so. Keep you posted about this. I’m not a very skilled programmer, so it might take some more time :slight_smile:

Art

1 Like