Rhasspy offline voice assistant toolkit

Which service are you calling in Home Assistant?

You may be interested to know that I’m working on a Hass.IO add-on for Rhasspy. I’ll post here again when I’m ready for people to try it out.

5 Likes

thank you very much

I call the service home assiatant turn on

Hi, any news about the add-on?

Do you see any errors in your home assistant log? Which wake word service are you using (pocketsphinx, snowboy, mycroft precise)?

Yes. I have all of the pieces functioning together in an Alpine Docker container, so there aren’t any technical hurdles left. I’m currently working on two things before releasing a beta version: (1) a web interface for configuring/testing Rhasspy, and (2) full support out of the box for English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Italian. Not knowing 5 out of those 6 languages, I’ve been getting help from friends to translate examples and do testing. Anyone here know German, Spanish, or Italian?

I’m using Alpine Docker container
I would like to install on the docker

I’m using pocketsphinx, snowboy

I’m using Alpine Docker container
I would like to install on the docker

That sounds good, I’m know Spanish, i can help you out

I am Dutch

If that statement is true no one knows. I doubt it is

OK, great. I’ll PM you some info soon. Thanks.

Great, thank you. I’ll PM you some info when it’s ready.

1 Like

I’ll push what I have to Github this week so you can start testing it out. It’s not fully functional yet, though.

ok. great . I am anxious to be tested and experienced

I am using Docker Compose

I can help with italian language.
only on hassio though.

Sorry for the delay, everyone! I’m getting close to an initial release of the Rhasspy hass.io add-on that we can start testing.

For those of you who are willing to help with testing and translation: is anyone running on a Raspberry Pi or other ARM-based system?

1 Like

Glad to see you are making progress. I personally also switched to Hass.io on a Raspberry Pi 3 running on top op Raspbian and can help you test again.

I have constructed a few local add-ons for testing myself so I start knowing my way around in Docker too.