Rhasspy offline voice assistant toolkit

After updating Rhasspy to 2.5.6 (hassio in docker) it stopped to work.
Getting the following:
TrainingFailedException: file is not a database

If youā€™re using fuzzywuzzy, you may need to delete your existing intent_examples.json file and retrain. A fix for this should be coming soon.

Thatā€™s the case. Done and working again. Thanks for your fast response.

1 Like

OK, will try that. Now I wait form my PS3 EYE camera and bought raspberry pi4 as I now run HASS on raspberry 3 (hassbian). Hassbian i snot supported anymore and IĀ“m not able to upgrade to higher hass version than 0.107.5.
So I will move hass config to hass.io (which is something I was always aware) on rasspy4 and will use raspy3 for Rhasspy. Is raspberry pi3 enough for this?
After that I will install Rhaspy etc. and will start playing with voice commands.

I have encountered to the error with train in VI profile. I edit the sentences, then click train. But error show in the bottom as picture.

For EN profile. It works very well. But for Vietnamese (VI) profile, the system encountered that problem after downloading missing file requirement and train.

Yes, Rhasspy has no trouble running on a Pi 3. You could also run it as a Hass.io add-on.

Sound good :+1: I donā€™t trust Google Translate with the default voice commands, so itā€™s always nice to have a native speaker volunteer to translate them.

OK, thanks. I have a fix for this problem that Iā€™ll roll into the next update.

Before then, you can fix the problem by going into your Rhasspy profile and edit these two files:

• profiles/vi/model/phones/optional_silence.txt
  • profiles/vi/model/phones/silence_phones.txt

All you need to do is make everything upper-case. So ā€œsilā€ becomes ā€œSILā€, ā€œspnā€ becomes ā€œSPNā€, etc.

Many thanks for your guidance. Itā€™s perfect. Now all things smooth. Thank you so much to create rhasspy.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™d like to improve the Vietnamese speech model at some point by re-training it with public speech data.

If you have a good microphone, Iā€™m also looking for volunteers to create new text to speech voices :slight_smile:

So you think raspy4b 8GB will be enough for both hass.io and complete rhasspy? IsnĀ“t is better to run rhasspy in own docker or own separated HW? What is the peak HW spec. Rhasspy needs RAM or CPU?

Do you have info if ps3 camera as mic is attacheable to hass.io docker?

Probably more CPU depending on which wakeword system youā€™re using. But even then, it wonā€™t be using much CPU or RAM, especially on a Pi 4.

Iā€™ve successfully used it with Hass.io, yes. You just have to select the input device on the Rhasspy add-on configuration page.

Blockquote
Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™d like to improve the Vietnamese speech model at some point by re-training it with public speech data.
If you have a good microphone, Iā€™m also looking for volunteers to create new text to speech voices :slight_smile:

Iā€™m excited to contribute to improve Vietnamese speech model. Iā€™m newbie for Home Assistant and Rhasspy using.
So, Iā€™m learning how to use, train Rhasspy, connect Rhasspy to control Home Assistant by intent, event, etc. Iā€™m not sure I can immediately train Rhasspy Vietnamese speech model well, but Iā€™m exicted to contribute.

I had 2 type of microphone.
First one (USB cable) I think itā€™s quality not so good

Second one (Bluetooth), this is motorcycle bluetooth intercom, the quality of record is very good, it can eliminate the noise, wind, etc. well. But I donā€™t know how to connect to Rhasspy.

I think discussing on this public post will trouble for other one who need to ask for other question. Itā€™s better if we can work by private inbox or email, etc. How can I contact with you to work to train Rhasspy.

1 Like

Good news, @Jiran! Iā€™ve created a Czech profile for Rhasspy. It will be included in version 2.5.7, which should be released in the next few days :slight_smile:

Great, waiting. I also found another Czech TTS http://epos.speech.cz/

2.5.7 is now available via Docker and Hass.io :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great, tomorrow will test IT :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated to 2.5.7.1 and it stopped to work again.
Running rhasspy under hassio/Docker/Ubuntu 18.04/Proxmox.
I have no clue what is going on.
It detects the hot wordā€¦ Problem with Pocketsphinx again?

There is a .1 version? I was on 2.5.7 and rolled back to 2.5.6

Same. Was on 2.5.5. Upgraded to 2.5.7 and the stop word ceased to function.

Rolled back to 2.5.5

Sadly, my hassio snapshot is from only 4 days ago. I havenā€™t noticed that Rhasspy was broken. I just back it up with all addons updatedā€¦ Will have to wait for a fix.