Ricould [Riello] custom_components climate or OpenTherm?

Good morning,
I refer to this topic but fearing to be too much OFF-topic I start this new.

For a few days I have been interested in home automation to do a small new integration / management at home using Home-Assistant as HUB, I’m still studying what is possible. I am a newbie. Among the things that it would be useful to have there would be the status of the boiler, the room temperature detected by its thermostat and little else, only read data (for now, nothing in writing to the boiler).

The boiler is Riello from the Condens family (I don’t have the exact model right here) with the Ricloud thermostat already installed and working with its wi-fi box “repeater” for management via proprietary APP.
If I understand correctly the system should have OpenTherm protocol which has its integration in Home-Assistant. Riello call it OTBus.

Has anyone ever tried to connect to the system thus composed with a personal HUB? My idea would be to “intrude” in the wi-fi communication in order not to replace or add anything to what already exists.

Thank you

I use the Ricloud app since a couple of years…but it’s just a revamped frontend using the old besmart infrastructure.
You can use the custom besmart integration, it works.

Thank you Fabio! Grazie Fabio!
so are you using custom besmart integration within home assistant?
Have you found and used User and Password for the Riello wifi box ? or are you using a OpenTherm gateway?
thank you

Yes, i’m using that integration in ha.

IT uses the same credential used in the app , is not “local”. Some of us have tried to investigate how to manage it locally but it seems quite hard to do, at least for my competence.

Here Besmart custom_components climate - #25 by etreus we were discussing about it.

Everithing is based by the good work made by @etreus. All credit goes to him :wink:.

thanks again Fabio!

it is exactly from the work made by @etreus that I opened this new post, due to my current poor knowledge of HA and domotics in general, I didn’t knew ricluod and besmart was “the same”.

I’ll start trying asap. I am really a newbie and this will take time but now I know the main road!

Thak you