Roborock S6 vacuum cleaner

no it doesent work… both maps is saved, but the robot dont automatically switch between the floors, and also no mop zones disappear… oh well, guess it will be released for mi home soon and then i can integrate it back to home assistant

Anyone notice that the token changes every few days?

really?
i cant even get the token anymore… it used to change token by big software upgrades…

This is so frustrating. I bought the s5 max and cannot get it to work. Has anyone managed to get it in HA? My old S5 works like a champ, but not this new one…

I swapped back to mi home and got the token from the old version of mi home app with pc and BlueStacks . Works like a charm

I got the token from the mi home app using blue stacks also got a token using the packet header method. I set it up exactly like my s5 and the s5 max doesn’t work but the s5 works…
What device do you use ?

Edit:

So i scrolled down to the bottom of the file in the bluestacks mi home app and there the proper token was… Seems like the token is changing.

So now im able to connect and start the vacuum from home assistant, which is great so I can make sure it starts cleaning when we are not home.

Any way you managed to get room cleaning setup in HA Joachi?

has anyone been able to get this to work with the roborock S6 maxV and using the roborock app? when using the MI home app, i can get the token and integrate, if i use the roborock app,using the method @atika indicated (packet sender tool method) i get a key back from that, but the integration no longer works. so i’m think that key provided either doesn’t stay the same after it joins your local network or however it was pulled doesn’t work correctly? any one know a method of pulling the key when using the roborock app?

I have the S6 Pure and I would love to be able to do the same. I bought it thinking HA integration would be relatively straightforward and but it has proved frustratingly difficult…

@bangcrash if you want to use the MI home app it’s not too bad to get it integrated into HA and works well… the problem comes when wanting to use the roborock app. despite getting a key, the port is different and hard coded into all the python tools. i tried a bunch of stuff and couldn’t get it to work. but we want the roborock app because it allows you to use the cameras, speaker and mic on the max V that the other models don’t have. you can’t seem to do that in the mi home app. so for now i had to drop HA integration. personally i found the easiest way to get the key was to spin up android in a VM and side load an older version of the app. copy the key out of the log files, insert into HA config and away you go.

Thanks for clarifying. I would rather not use the Mi Home app on my phone as the Roborock one is a lot better. Do you know if it’s possible to grab the key using a sideloaded version of Mi Home in something like Bluestacks and switch back to using Roborock?

no because the key changes each time you reset the wifi, you can’t use both apps at the same time. based on my limited research when the roborock app initializes the vacuum it configures the ports differently than the MI app. the only way to get it into HA at this time is to use the mi home app.

I’ve been struggling getting an S6 Pure connected to HA.
Did full factory reset, connect to WiFi from laptop. Used packet sender method and windows tool method, both get the same token.
Connect S6 to my WiFi using Mi Home app on iPhone.
Connected to HA with token and correct ip (dhcp reservation).
Afte mr a minute I can ping the vacuum but HA always says unavailable.
Tried the mirobo python tool to connect with token and it says timed out.
Also tried telnet on port 54321 no connection.

No idea what’s going on.

I’m in the same boat, but with an S5 Max. I had read that it was possible to get the token using the packet sender method while still using the RoboRock app. I got a response back from the device, but the returned value was only 16 characters, rather than 32.

I managed to get it working after many hours of tinkering.

It turns out that the token you get from the WiFi after reset using the packet sender method and other tools is not permanent. Looks like newer versions of the app (or vacuum firmware) reset the token to an encrypted one once the device is connected to the app. So the only method that works for me in this case is to pull the token from the app backup of my iPhone and use the python tool to decrypt the token. Once I did this I got a completely different token and HA connected to the vacuum instantly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. What did you use to get the token from your phone backup and then decrypt it?

Addressing your question, I followed the instructions posted at the following link for non-Jailbroken iOS devices:

https://github.com/Maxmudjon/com.xiaomi-miio/blob/ed0428f96ab3fdaa26fffacd864681c9496aa267/docs/obtain_token.md#ios-users

It worked very well for me.

1 Like

My S6 went a little crazy last night when running a scheduled room clean.

It seemed kinda lost and desperately wanted to go down some stairs. When I examined the map graphic on the app it was slightly shifted and had some random artefacts that were almost like shadows of some of my furniture edges. So both the coordinates and ‘landmarks’ on the map were no longer correct. Some quick research revealed that this issue is not uncommon, so I had to delete the map and let the Roborock explore the whole floor and build a new map. There appears to be no way to back up maps on an un-jailbroken S6.

Not strictly an HA issue except that when I did all of that, my room numbers were all screwed up and I had to dump them again, match them to the correct rooms and edit my cleaning automations accordingly. So, if this happens to you, just be aware of that additional hassle.