Rollease Acmeda Automate Pulse 2 hub integration

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc418eb6980>

I’ve made some small progress.

First I worked out the log I need to be looking at is in config/home-assistant.log.

I’ve also found that the hub connection problem is aiopulse2.Hub, function test() throwing an exception saying it cannot connect to the hub. I determined this by placing logger statements into the Automate-Pulse-v2 Python code.

I’d like to pursue this further by placing similar statements into the aiopulse2 code but I’m unable to find the code in the Home Assistant system.

How does Home Assistant “take care of” installing aiopulse2? Where is the aiopulse2 code located in the system?

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated.

@sillyfrog What does “rpc” do in the URI at aiopulse2/Devices.py, line 57?

self.wsuri = "wss://{}:443/rpc".format(self.host)

@tallcuss - that’s the URL for their RPC (API) end point (at least at the time of inspecting the traffic). Web sockets are also at URL’s, and start with an HTTP connection that’s then upgraded to a websocket stream.

Another small step: This code snippet runs fine with my Pulse 2 Hub

import socket
HOST = '192.168.1.100'  # hub address
PORT = 1487             # port
with socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM) as s:
    s.connect((HOST, PORT))
    s.sendall(b'!000NAME?;')
    data = s.recv(1024)
print('Received', data.decode("utf-8"))

Producing the output

Received !000NAMEdefault;

Meanwhile I’ve found that when using the Automate Pulse 2 Hub Integration the code get stuck when attempting to connect to my hub, i.e. aiopulse2, device.py, line 361

async with websockets.connect(self.wsuri, ssl=ssl_context) as websocket:

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated.

An update.

I got a replacement Pulse 2 Hub from the dealer, plugged it in, did the phone Automate Pulse 2 app thing and then attempted to add the Automate Pulse Hub v2 Integration to Home Assistant. It worked! I am now able to see all my blinds and move them via Home Assistant. So it was a hardware problem!

1 Like

Great news, thanks all for the thoughts.
I’ve had a request from a customer to add their blinds to home assistant but they have 2 pulse2 hubs.

Has any one had any experience with multiple hubs?
I understand it requests a host IP on setup, Is there a way to have multiple hosts?

Any help would be great!

Hi all! My hub has been less responsive lately and I have been getting the following error:

Logger: aiopulse2.devices
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiopulse2/devices.py:365
First occurred: 7:28:58 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:30:08 PM

Websocket Connection closed: code = 1006 (connection closed abnormally [internal]), no reason

Is this a concern?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

@sillyfrog do you know if you can multiple instances of the integration. I have two Acmeda hubs.

@sumur1au It has been designed to support multiple instances, however I have not actually tested it as I only have one hub. If you have any issues, please open a ticket on GitHub and we can work through it.

PS: This has just been accepted into HA dev - however it’s very limited with no sensors etc. I’m going to work on getting a PR for the sensors shortly. Currently the HASS version is more comprehensive (and what I use).

Thanks @sillyfrog. I will play around with it once I get the hubs.