Rollease Acmeda Automate Pulse 2 hub integration

I’ve made some small progress.

First I worked out the log I need to be looking at is in config/home-assistant.log.

I’ve also found that the hub connection problem is aiopulse2.Hub, function test() throwing an exception saying it cannot connect to the hub. I determined this by placing logger statements into the Automate-Pulse-v2 Python code.

I’d like to pursue this further by placing similar statements into the aiopulse2 code but I’m unable to find the code in the Home Assistant system.

How does Home Assistant “take care of” installing aiopulse2? Where is the aiopulse2 code located in the system?

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated.

@sillyfrog What does “rpc” do in the URI at aiopulse2/Devices.py, line 57?

self.wsuri = "wss://{}:443/rpc".format(self.host)

@tallcuss - that’s the URL for their RPC (API) end point (at least at the time of inspecting the traffic). Web sockets are also at URL’s, and start with an HTTP connection that’s then upgraded to a websocket stream.

Another small step: This code snippet runs fine with my Pulse 2 Hub

import socket
HOST = '192.168.1.100'  # hub address
PORT = 1487             # port
with socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM) as s:
    s.connect((HOST, PORT))
    s.sendall(b'!000NAME?;')
    data = s.recv(1024)
print('Received', data.decode("utf-8"))

Producing the output

Received !000NAMEdefault;

Meanwhile I’ve found that when using the Automate Pulse 2 Hub Integration the code get stuck when attempting to connect to my hub, i.e. aiopulse2, device.py, line 361

async with websockets.connect(self.wsuri, ssl=ssl_context) as websocket:

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated.

An update.

I got a replacement Pulse 2 Hub from the dealer, plugged it in, did the phone Automate Pulse 2 app thing and then attempted to add the Automate Pulse Hub v2 Integration to Home Assistant. It worked! I am now able to see all my blinds and move them via Home Assistant. So it was a hardware problem!

1 Like

Great news, thanks all for the thoughts.
I’ve had a request from a customer to add their blinds to home assistant but they have 2 pulse2 hubs.

Has any one had any experience with multiple hubs?
I understand it requests a host IP on setup, Is there a way to have multiple hosts?

Any help would be great!

Hi all! My hub has been less responsive lately and I have been getting the following error:

Logger: aiopulse2.devices
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiopulse2/devices.py:365
First occurred: 7:28:58 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:30:08 PM

Websocket Connection closed: code = 1006 (connection closed abnormally [internal]), no reason

Is this a concern?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

@sillyfrog do you know if you can multiple instances of the integration. I have two Acmeda hubs.

@sumur1au It has been designed to support multiple instances, however I have not actually tested it as I only have one hub. If you have any issues, please open a ticket on GitHub and we can work through it.

PS: This has just been accepted into HA dev - however it’s very limited with no sensors etc. I’m going to work on getting a PR for the sensors shortly. Currently the HASS version is more comprehensive (and what I use).

Thanks @sillyfrog. I will play around with it once I get the hubs.

Although quite an old question now… I can confirm it does work with multiple hubs. My main issue is sometimes blinds become unavailable. Normally they either turn up by themselves, or cycling them via the remote kicks them back into life.

I would imagine this is an issue with the hubs + app more than an issue with the integration however. I’ve always found the app to be horrific and the hubs to be temperamental.

1 Like

When they become unavailable are they still available in the app? Most of the time they went unavailable to me it was usually because of range issues. I found an alternate location for the hub which works well for me, but I believe there are range extenders available.

I haven’t checked for a while to be honest. I haven’t used the outdoor blinds in a while due to winter and not going outside. Today I thought I’d set them up to automatically close when the wind speed was higher than 40km/h and noticed 2 / 4 were not available. After manually opening and closing them with the remote they were available again.

I’ll have a check next time they disappear, but the two blinds that were disconnected report as excellent and good signal on the app now. Again, I suspect it has nothing to do with the integration or home assistant… maybe they disconnect to save power after not being used for a while (the outdoor ones are 240v so that doesn’t bother me)… I could get them to cycle once a week or something to keep them going. But I’ll keep an eye on it from now and report back. My indoor ones are getting used twice a day at least so they never seem to have the issue. Or if I notice one hasn’t opened / closed by the time I check the app they have reconnected and they work by the next automation or if I manually trigger them in HA.

edit: can confirm, when blinds are offline in HA they are offline in the app. A quick use of the remote and it reconnects to the hub and HA

@sillyfrog amazing addon… have recently had some motorised shades installed on our balcony… have setup your integration in HA tonight and working great :+1:

Is there a way to expose the battery level sensors? I can see them in the Automate Pulse 2 app but not in HA.

They should be there, the integration exposes them (or an approximation)

I don’t see those with the Automate Versa Drapery Motor?

Yep, there’s an issue raised on the repository for curtains

Yeah January this year. Not likely to be fixed.

Not sure if those posting the issue followed up or helped debug. It’s hard to do if you don’t actually have the devices. There might be some opportunities to use aiopulse2 to debug the output for the curtains

Install aiopulse2 on a device using pip, then using the demo.py file, set the log level to debug, connect to the hub and check what output is reported.