Room by room heating with smart thermostat and zigbee valves

Hi,
I currently have a smart thermostat (netatmo) and zigbee radiator valve in every room in our appartment.
Currently heating is controlled from the netatmo app but I want to be able to control from home assistant the temperature from each room, on a schedule.

How would I go about doing that?

If it suits your needs, I would recommend to use the Netatmo integration as your netatmo system will itself always be a backup system.

Otherwise, you would need to add the zigbee devices to HA, and setup a scheduler method in HA. You may go further and control the valve’s opening % from within HA (if the individual thermostats permit it) and use a temperature regulation from within HA.

Unfortunately, I do not know of a solution yet where (using HA), I can define the time at which I want a certain temperature so that the individual valves would start heating the required time before. I currently have a central thermostat that works like that: heating starts at a variable time before the target time according to the actual temperature and the estimated “heating speed”.

I don’t have any smart thermostats yet and I’m still fairly new to HA.

I think you could use the new Schedule entity to create different schedules and change your temperature based on conditions linked to these morning/evening/night schedules, e.g. set temp to xx if schedule_night is true