Rotel RSP-1570 Surround Sound processor - Remote control

Hi @Tomahawk and @wst01

Just wanted to let you know that I plan to make a few changes to the hassdev GitHub repo:

• Move custom_components up to the root
  • Rename dothomeassistant to example_config
  • Rename the repo itself to hacs-rotel

This is in preparation to make the repo HACS compliant without losing my commit history. I believe that renaming the repo doesn’t actually break any old links to the repo but obviously moving things around within it will break any deep links.

Not sure when I’ll get round to this but hopefully soon. Let me know if you have any concerns.

1 Like

OK, the repo is now HACS-ified.

It currently needs to be added to HACS as a custom repository. Click on the ‘…’ icon top right in HACS and select Custom Repositories. Then add pp81381\hacs-rotel of type integration.

It is necessary to reboot before adding anything to configuration.yaml or HA will complain about an invalid configuration and refuse to reboot.

Unfortunately, I had to make a breaking change. The domain of the custom integration is now rotel instead of rotel_rsp1570. In practice, this means that the platform value for an entry in configuration.yaml needs to be changed from rotel_rsp1570 to rotel. A simple example:

media_player:
  - platform: rotel
    unique_id: rotel_rsp1570
    name: "Rotel RSP-1570"
    device: /dev/ttyUSB0

I’m afraid that I’m not sure what happens if you are upgrading from a non-HACS setup. Given the domain change, I assume that they get installed side by side, Once you’ve changed the config and rebooted you can probably delete the old integration.

Do back up your old setup before trying this to be on the safe side. Please let me know how it goes if you do try it.

The integration is still a bit out of date. It can only be configured by yaml and doesn’t support config flow. It doesn’t show up under ‘Integrations’ in Devices and Services but the entities that it creates do appear. At some point I may do something about that.

Hi @pp81381!

Cool, i’ve already tried it out with HACS and it’s working fine, now it’s even easier to configure it. The change regarding the domain wasn’t a big deal.
The only important thing is it’s working very well.

Many thanks again for your great work! :smiley:

I’m now try do bring @Tomahawk lovlance card to work again as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like