Rpi 4 Wont Install HA

Especially since this is a bare metal installation this really should not happen. The only thing I can think of is you might have chosen a wrong image file (make sure it is haos_rpi4-10.4.img.xz ) or your modem/router/switch is blocking DNS resolution requests from your Pi.

Make sure you connect the USB adaptor to a USB2-port of your PC (but not USB3) when burning the image to the card. I have seen strange behaviours burning images to a sd-card when using USB3. Its worth a try.

Yeah I thought this would be easy to start.

I used the link for etcher and the pi imager image for 10.4, some guy on reddit did the same thing as me and it loaded just fine.

I think youre right in it being a dns issue, all though i dont know why for this. Wonder if its a port issue.

EDIT: Cant post for 15 hours. Thanks

DNS resolution happens on UDP port 53 as the default.

DNS resolutions issue? heem… sound very familiar, let me bring out my RPI4 for a test run.

I set up HA last night no problems, just imaged using the Pi Imager. Worked first time no problem. I don’t think there’s an issue with the image.

Finally I can reply again.

So its a network issue of some sort, I cant get HA to connect to github without a server 500 error.

Ive used two different ethernet cables, Ive plugged in at my switch and my router. My router is up to date and only like 7 years old or so. I have a few hours before I get back home to look at things.

Thanks everyone thats chipped in.

Found out my router had ipv6 disabled. I enabled it and my pi connected right away.