RPi RF Receiver addon

Well, I guess it will work, but you don’t need to solder it to the RPi, just buy some cable like this:

… and it will work correctly. Or at least you could use them to test if the transceiver works and after that you could solder it.

So, i installed the addon and then i tried to test my receiver and transmiter. I’m very confused right now cause my log on addon seems to work well:
(…)
2018-01-03 19:48:59 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 8 [pulselength 550, protocol 1]
2018-01-03 19:49:10 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 128 [pulselength 573, protocol 1]
2018-01-03 19:49:14 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 67108864 [pulselength 550, protocol 2]
2018-01-03 19:49:20 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 16 [pulselength 1064, protocol 2]
2018-01-03 19:49:27 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 128 [pulselength 1628, protocol 2]
2018-01-03 19:49:38 - [INFO] rpi-rf_receive: 4096 [pulselength 1501, protocol 4]
(…) RANDOM NUMBERS

The problem is when i click in remote to ON/OFF the outlet, i can’t see the code in log. I tried like 30 cm from the RPI but no code, just random ones.
I tested to create a switch and my receiver can’t see the code on log too. I used this conf:
switch:
platform: rpi_rf
gpio: 17
switches:
teste:
pulselength: 800
protocol: 5
code_on: 3003
code_off: 3004

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Are you using 3 or 5 volts?

Tried both on receiver… Can see logs, but always random ones.

What’s the receiver you’re using? Which model?

I bought this one: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rfoAAOSwqu9VFB-Q/s-l500.jpg
It was from a german seller

Ok, it’s like the one I used at the beginning. It works with 3 volts power supply, it’s not really a good receiver but it should work. Did you attached also an antenna on it?

Do not know what happen… But working now. Thank you

had lots of issues some months ago with hassbian. Will try now your code and this receiver with HASSIO

Is the Sonoff RF also receiver? I would like to get a unit with an enclosure

Hi,
Just a question, you say that before you were receiving radom values and now its working? are you using the same devices?

I’m asking this because I had the same problem and then after some time I thought the problem was because all my RF devices are using rolling code. This is something very hard to know if they use rolling code or not, anyone have a tip in order to identify this? :slight_smile:

Happy new Year to everyone :slight_smile:

I think when it works at first try and not at second …?

if my moswuitto has no user and password how to modify your code? Like this??

mosquitto_address = "192.168.1.238"
mosquitto_port = "1883"
mosquitto_user = ""
mosquitto_password = ""

I didn’t understand your question/answer.
Since there isn’t any RF hub supporting rolling codes, what I have in mind is use a remote control with some relays controlled by my RPI. At the moment waiting some test remote controls :slight_smile:

I think my problem was on MQTT definition… I can see random numbers but now when i press my remote i can definitely see the number that remote uses

I installed it fine on my pi3. It will not install on my NUC, maybe for Intel is not ready?

ok, but you know that your devices don’t use rolling code, right?
Thanks!

yes, i’m using RF outlets

For rolling codes I’m thinking to use something like the picture on this post.

Once I have all elements and in case of success, then I can share this solution for rolling codes devices.

2 Likes

If I need to handle 433mhz and 434mhz, do I need to use two different RF receivers? If so, which isnt a problem since i have them both on the way, but can your addon work with multiple receivers or is there another recommended method?

What is this picture?