Run HA local in a camper

Hello,

I am currently planning to integrate home assistant into my camper.
I have been successfully running at home for 1 year.
Now I thought that would be the optimal for the camper without much programming, especially in the display.
I can connect sensors like the DHT22 and relays directly to the GPIO port.
can I install home assistant on a pi and open it directly to display it on a 7" touch display?

regards Tim

ofcourse you can… want to have it run 24/7 there?

No
just on vacations,
so i can have inside temp, outside temp and control some relais for the lights.

make sure to gracefully shutdown your PI , sd will throw up if you dont :slight_smile:

Also, the RPi doesn’t have an battery backed-up internal clock. If you boot it with no internet connection available for NTP, it may pick a random date and time (which happened to me after a power failure) or it may fail to start (which I read posts about but have never experienced - maybe that’s fixed now.)

Did you get anywhere with this ?

im just looking at the same.

the RPi doesnt display via its hdmi or dsp port - its only for terminal/console. so if you want a webbrowser screen it will have to be another device linking back to the RPi over wifi.

i found a wifi AP plugin on github for HA… it works well, broadcasts a local Wifi lan.

im stuck with getting a victron ve.direct usb cable connected - trying to pull in battery SOC stats to display on a screen. - anyone got that working ?

It’s a LITTLE involved, but you don’t even need to physically connect to it anymore: