Running hass.io on a hp t610

Hi forum!

I have a hp t610 that i used to run ubuntu and home assistant on. I read that it was easier to maintain and update if you ran home assistant through hass.io. I flashed it with the intel nuc image, but i cant get it to boot. Do i really have to get a nuc to boot it or am i doing something wrong?

The error is: systemd caught ill dumped core as pid 255

Info about the t610: https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-flexible-thin-client-t610-g-t56n-1-65-ghz-monitor-none-series/specs/

Install ubuntu and then use the generic install.
See this topic:

1 Like

Were you able to do it. I am also thinking of shifting HA from pi to thin client.

Yes! I used the info in the post from hijinx! I installed ubuntu server with docker and hassio. Works like a charm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have 3 of the HP 620plus thin clients - that are great servers. One is my firewall (pfsense) - the 2nd one run Ubuntu workstation 18.04 - it is my zoneminder server with 9 poe HD cameras (I did add additional memory to that one) - and also run the docker version of hassio. The 620s are quad core. I’m not currently doing motion detection with zoneminder - I use external motion detectors to tell ZM when to record. The 620s pull barely 11watts…the 3rd one is just a spare. Less than $90 on ebay…

1 Like