Samba Update where is the filepath now?

Nodered writes a file but it isn’t there, I can write to it from Windows, but that’s no use

/local is a www(web) root

/media is a local share, way “beyond” /www , in the file system

Can “nodered” write to

/homeassistant/local/airdata4.json ?
or
/homeassistant/www/airdata4.json ?

the plot thickens, now I can’t delete the folder I made in media or its contents from Windows, the report says it’s not found.
This is totally above me, I have tried many different scenarios for hours and I just don’t have the knowledge to do this. I hate to give up, but this has me beat, as far as I am concerned this development has ruined what was a fantastic project, which worked like a dream. Developers take note I am sadly dissapointed, but I am done

Can “nodered” write to

/homeassistant/local/airdata4.json ?
or
/homeassistant/www/airdata4.json ?

Did you made this folder in /media, when using windows " Samba " ?
or did “nodered” made this folder in /media ?

I can’t write to either of the locarions from nodered.
/homeassistant/local/airdata4.json
or
/homeassistant/www/airdata4.json
I cannot remember whether it was auto generated by nodered or if I did theis from Windows. I have tried so many options it’s all just a mess now.

Which core-version do you have ?

which supervisor do you have ?

I have to go out now, to do something a little more productive, sso i will back this afternoon

Keep an eye on this post

OK am back in front of this infernal machine and have played for about 2 hrs and this is where I am.

Added to the config.yaml

map:
  - addon_config:rw
  - homeassistant_config:rw
  - media:rw
  - share:rw
  - www:rw
  - local:rw
  - ssl

as suggested.

Sending a file from Node-Red (add on)

/config/www/community/skyware/airdata.json
“failed to write to file: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/config/www/community/skyware/airdata.json’”

/homeassistant/www/community/skyware/airdata.json
This finally works and writes a file as viewed in Windows file manager
\192.168.1.130\config\www\community\skyware\airdata.json

That is good news at least, but here is the bad news

Viewed as an html page

my resource file needs to see the file as a URL so I tried this in a browser

http://192.168.1.130:8123/config/www/community/skyware/airdata.json 
takes you to a blank home assistant page with menu
http://192.168.1.130:8123/homeassistant/www/community/skyware/airdata.json  
gives error 404

So now all I need to do is figure a way of viewing this an html url

1 Like
http://192.168.1.130:8123/local/community/skyware/airdata.json 

http://192.168.1.130:8123/local/community/skyware/airdata.json

I suggest you mark " This" your own Answer(above) as solution for Your initial Topic, beside you deserve it :smile:

SO IT’S CRACKED,
I must say thanks to you and NathanCu.

Here is the proceedure:-

1 The mapping in config is a must

map:
  - addon_config:rw
  - homeassistant_config:rw
  - media:rw
  - share:rw
  - www:rw
  - local:rw
  - ssl

2 Nodered write file has to be /homeassistant/www/community/myfolder/myfile.x
3 The REST resource url has to be http://192.168.1.130:8123/local/community/myfolder/myfile.x

I am extatic as I can now fix all the other HA resource files and fix the whole thing.
I didn’t want to give up although I have to say I was extremely dispondent about the issues I faced. I am not too good with all this technically, but I think some of these changes need to be explained in easy to understand terms to help everyone overcome the issues faced with moving into new updates with unfamiliar territory.

2 Likes

Big Hi five! Tenacity counts.

Thanks for giving me the enthusiasm to continue to find a solution … High 5 to you too

1 Like

Thanks for your help and encouragement

2 Likes

This is one of the reasons I needed to fix this

1 Like

Very cool So is this live or post flight?

Live now. well a few mins just passed since I copied it, just to show it works.
it updates every 20 seconds. The yellow bar shows its within 10 nautical miles of my location and that swings in the reaction to show the dials so you can see it live. Its all mad I know, but then I am a radio amateur as well

2 Likes

Ah - so these are transponders?

NathanCu, so the way this works is that the aircraft emit a signal constantly whilst airborn with data from a transponder. Radio enthusiasts and strange people like me attempt to capture those signals,which are 1090mHz in ADSB format, just for the fun of doing it. Take a look at this link PiAware - build your own ADS-B ground station for integration with FlightAware - FlightAware The by-product of doing this is that we auto upload the data in real time to companies like skyware, flightradar24 etc. and they publish the live data on their websites, which I am sure you have probably looked at. I get a business account, with them that allows me free access to their commplete portfolio of aircraft data free of charge. the radio receiver is just a cheap RTL receiver like a pen drive to USB and a small antenna jst 18 inches long

1 Like