Samsung Smart TV - No control?

Hi

I’ve just got a Samsung The Serif (2020) and I’m really struggling to get it to connect to home assistant. I’ve got the latest version of home assistant core-2021.6.4 and I see the TV get discovered in my integrations.

However when I click “Configure” then “Submit”, I don’t get a notification on the TV and then all I see is “Failed to connect”:

The TV is QE49LS01TBUXXU - Software version: T-NKMDEUC-1497.0, BT-S

I switched logging to Debug and all I see is the following (I’ve anonymised some details): 2021-06-15 14:07:06 DEBUG (SyncWorker_38) [homeassistant.components.samsungtv] T - Pastebin.com

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Andy

Guys, i have an older samsung TV (pre-tizen) … is there actually a wa to play a youtube video on it? How?

if open youtube on my notebook (chrome browser), it recognizes the samsung tv, to play the youtube video on it… if i do that, i see the TV starting the youtube app… how todo that from HA?

thnx in advance

to be honest, after testing a couple of components, jaruba among them, I wasn’t completely pleased. I’ve been using jaruba’s for more than a year, which is great, but recently certain features went down for my model and moved away to something else.

I ended up creating my own “integration”, mixing webCoRE (webCore only works for TVs showing up in Smartthings) with http requests and node red (I assume it can be done in HA as well) and putting everythign together with the universal media player integration in HA. I’ts not really hard, I’m kind of a newbie and it works worlds better than any integration I tried.

The tv updates every 5 seconds in HA and always sets the correct picture and sound settings for every source/app/whatever, which were my two main aims. Beyond that,webcore does feature a bunch of available commands not present in any integration. It would be great if we could investigate webCoRE together in this forum because the majority of commands are straightforward but some aren’t and there’s not documentation about them in the webCoRE forums. We are probably missing something really powerful whithin webcore and it can be really easily triggered from HA. Here are all the commands available for my TV.

I decided to open a new thread so anybody willing to investigate is welcome.

Can you share what TV models?