Samsung TV

Previously I had HA Core installed in Ubuntu docker. My Samsung TV was integrated and working fine from HA.
Now I moved my HA in Raspberry Pi 8GB with HassOS. Using Samsung Smart TV Addons when I put my TV IP, give a Name and Submit I see “Permission require…” message is popping up in TV. But when I select Allow in TV, HA is saying “Aborted - Failed to connect”.
It’s the same TV I am trying to integrate again. I can confirm nothing is changed in TV settings.
I am using HassOS 4.16 (Supervisor 2020.11.0).
What’s the difference? Whats the other way I can integrate the Samsung TV in HassOS?

I had this same issue.

I ended up needing to go to integrations and adding it manually with the + button, gave it my TV’s IP address and then a name “Master TV” and it added fine…

not sure why the “auto discovery” version didn’t work, but as soon as I clicked “allow” on the TV I would get the Aborted - Failed to Connect message as well.

Thanks for your reply Rob!
I don’t mind naming my TV as “Master TV”. But it is still not working for me; anything else do you think can make it work?
From integration I am simply choosing Samsung Smart TV, give the right IP address and name it as Master TV. Pop-up appears in TV, clicked ‘Allow’ but Failed to Connect message is coming up.

Hi. Same issue to me. HA Autodetects TV upon starting.
But this way or adding manually results with 'Failed to connect" in ha right after clicking Allow on TV dialog

same issue here!

It started working! Adding manually now works.
It started working after I tried casting some youtube video from laptop and also connecting android remote control app to TV. This app is outdated and cannot be found in play store anymore, but cna be found here:

Did someone find a solution for the “Failed to connect” issue?

need a solution pls

I am having the same problem. HA detects the TV, but cant seem to connect to it.

Hey Guys, you have to accept the privacy notes in the TVs settings.
It´s somewhere in the menu for remote management. At least, that did work for me. Greets

1 Like

I don’t think that’s it, at least for me. I suspect it’s becauise HA and the Samsung TV sit on different VLANS. I do have full mdns forwarding enabled using avahi on my central router, and this all works fine with extensive chromecast traffic. But it’s difficult to have HA run on multiple interfaces, so not sure about testing that.

The funny thing is my samsung app on my phone seems to integrate them fine, and its on a different vlan too…

I also get this issue whether I try via auto discovery or manually. I always get “Aborted. Failed to connect” right away. I did accept the remote privacy policy.

I’m thinking Samsung is doing something fishy with the network. For example, I am using IoT and NoT VLANS, and the TV would not allow me to accept the terms and conditions unless I added it to the LAN. I’m betting that putting it back on the LAN would allow remote control again, but given the TV doesn’t seem to like my restricted IoT environment, I don’t trust it now. I will live without remote control for a while.

As I suspected. Things worked if I put the TV on my LAN, but it doesn’t work on the IoT VLAN. My LAN has full access to everything in the IoT. The IoT is limited to the WAN and a few select devices.

This worked perfectly for me - thanks @Chemsinger!!

My TV and RPi are on the same WLAN.

Yeah, it seems to be all about being on the same VLAN as HA. Something I really didn’t like is that I tried to setup the Samsung iOS app. At first it didn’t work until I turned on UPnP. However, then I tried HA with the TV still on the IoT VLAN. At first it worked, but then it came up again for approval. Turns out the iOS app added the TV to my LAN WiFi and then it connected again. I didn’t believe it at first, but I confirmed with my Unify controller. The TV was now on my LAN VLAN without me entering the password for that.

If an IoT device wants to move to my trusted network, then I don’t trust it. Too bad Samsung wants to only be on a fully trusted network…