Save Thousands on Pool Automation (Pentair SuperFlow VS Automation)

How has this project evolved for you? Would be great to see some photos of your setup.

has anyone tried one of these Upstream Controls rather than the intellicom module? I really cant justify shelling out the ~250 bucks just to get started for a single component. I have a pentair intellipro 2 vst pump

If I already have solar touch connected, does anyone know what my options are for automating a VS pump?

i finally came back to this, two years later…i’m looking at the flo buster but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

i have an esp32 connected to a 4 channel relay, and i have the switches in HA triggering the relays themselves…but i’m not quite sure how to get this all connected to the flo buster (or the intellicomm interface if there’s a real reason not to use the flo buster, which is less than half the cost) and the pump itself from here.

from the wiring diagrams and install instructions, i think i’m pretty good on connecting the pump to the flo buster itself (it looks to be just two wires from the cable from the pump to the interface), but then i’m not sure how to get that connected to my relays.

can anyone assist?

Check if this can help you

I did smth similar but with Flo Buster and couple Shelly 1. Also used a step down for Flo Buster (24 to 12v) just to make sure it doesn’t overheat.

hmm…I’ll have to take a look at the Shelly wiring diagrams and see how that might fit my relay board. what size enclosure is that? it looks exactly like the one I’m looking at on Amazon but I haven’t decided on a size yet…

11.2"x7.7"x5.1" from QILIPSU on Amazon

1 Like

yup, that’s the same one i’m looking at although i’m looking at the biggest one (20x16.1x7.9). i figure i’m eventually going to have at least two relay boards in there (one for the pump and another for the lights and valves), so more space is better in case i need it.

Just stumbled on this thread. I’m in the process of automating my pool and have the SuperFlow pump. I have a few Adafruit ESP32 boards but will likely go with this Lilgo board ESP32 6 relay board. Also plan to use Arduino IoT cloud.

Was curious if anyone knows of a salt generator that allows for external control? I have a chlorinator but would consider upgrading if I can add automation in same system.

1 Like