Scene.create to snapshot media_player entities so automations can fire and resume previous audio (ie.Pandora on a Google Mini))

Would be excellent to have the new scene.create allow for snapshots of media_player entity information that can then be used to restore the previous audio.

For instance - playing Pandora or Internet Radio on Google mini. Then a door open/close MP3 plays on the mini (via cast), and then restart the original audio.

I’m trying exact same. Play doorbell mp3 file and then continue with previous stream. Scene create for media_player does not remember selected source. Did you solved this ?

Unfortunately, no.

The best I could do is a work-around for one particular situation (where I play whitenoise at night on a few google minis). If someone happens opens the door/window, etc after 10pm, it will restart the whitenoise between 10pm-6:30am using that automation in the time range.

I am still not aware of any way to “save-state” of any google mini, home hub, as a media_player and resume what it was playing before.

Did you happen to get any further with this? Trying to do something similar. I can get the google nest to set the volume back to what it was prior and it chimes like something is about to start playing but nothing plays after recalling. I’ve even tried playing local HA music and it doesn’t recall. Any insight is much appreciated.

+1 this request. I want to be able to go back to whatever media was playing when the washing machine announcement is done.

I want to be able to go back to whatever media was playing when the washing machine announcement is done.

I need that, too.