⏱ Scheduled Timeslot Automation (e.g., Vacuum)

25:00:00 o’Clock is not a valid time. HA used the 24h time format where midnight is defined as 00:00:00

That i pretty much know about 25:00:00 So how to avoid that? Since it says that the blueprint generated it, but I could not find anywhere time_to as a value. And the ~input_boolean.last cleanup~ returns a correct value as in corect time syntax

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your question… The blueprint did not generate that issue. Somewhere someone must have had defined the time_to (in the ui labelled as “Timeslot to”) of the blueprint’s automation to be 25:00:00. I’d suggest editing that automation manually. Search for the “time_to” in your automation’s yaml (or overall, in your automations.yaml) and change it to 00:00:00

Yes, my bad, sometimes i type one thing when I want to express something else. I also did not have all the information. My automation created with the blueprint is the one I placed higher in this discussion. Only time_to value is time_to: ‘15:00’ , were it’s a condition from what time to what time the automation should run. now that i think of it, in your blueprint you are using am-pm, i entered 15:00:00. but now* looking at your code, you have the same way of declaring it. here is my automation again: alias: Mimi Schedule
description: ‘’
use_blueprint:
path: pavax/scheduled_timeslot.yaml
input:
time_to: ‘15:00:00’
monday_enabled: true
tuesday_enabled: true
wednesday_enabled: true
thursday_enabled: true
friday_enabled: true
time_from: ‘8:00:00’
last_triggered: input_datetime.house_is_cleaned
condition_sensor_01: person.yy
condition_state_01: not_home
condition_sensor_02: person.xx
condition_state_02: not_home
scheduled_action:
- service: vacuum.start
data: {}
entity_id: vacuum.mimi
sunday_enabled: true
saturday_enabled: true

my question is actually were to look for that time_to, except the automation, wich does seems to have a corect time.

mhhh… looking at the blueprint automation from above (please use the formatting next time) it has nothing to do with the error you pasted above. For example, in the error above the condition_sensor_03 is defined whereas in the automation that you pasted it’s not. My guess is, somewhere you have another automation based on my blueprint that is messed up.

Hava a look at your config/automation.yaml file (where all the automations are stored) and search for the culprit by searching for all the occurenses of pavax/scheduled_timeslot.yaml and spot the one where time_to: "25:00:00" is defined

PS: I installed the addon “File editor” to edit files directly from within the web-ui

yes, you are right. there still is an automation in the automations.yaml. i deleted it from UI/automations but its still present in yaml. i did not found an other way of deleting automations, and it seems automation.yaml is not being edited by UI.

Usually, the ui does exactly that. It modifies the automation.yaml. My guess is, that there could be a bug though linked to blueprints. So just manually delete the invalid one from the automations.yaml file and make sure you either restart HA or reload the automations

Hint: press "c" while in the web-ui to open the command suggestion dialog and enter “reload automation”

thanks again, and sorry for hijacking.

Hey :slight_smile:
I really love this automation, but I have a question.
Is it possible to set a condition not as “not-home” but as everything else except “home”?
In the future I would like to use zones and I still want my vacuum to trigger when I’m at college and not just when I’m “not_home”.

Any Ideas how to implement that? It’s probably super easy with jinja, but ll my attempts failed :frowning:

@Lennard Glad you like it. Sure that’s possible by using a template sensor and a little bit of jinja magic :wink:

Example: a template binary_sensor indicating when no one is at home:

template:
  - binary_sensor:
      - name: "None at Home"
        state: "{{ not is_state('group.awesome_people', 'home') }}"

Hint: in my case the group.awesome_people is a group of person entites / device_trackers

Show more
awesome_people:
  name: Awesome People
  entities:
    - person.pavax
    - person.guest
    - person.some_one_else

Example a template binary_sensor sensor indicating when pavax is in the Zone 'Work’

template:
  - binary_sensor:
      - name: "Pavax at Work"
        state: "{{ is_state('person.pavax', 'Work') }}"

… after that reload the template entities (press c on your keyboard and type reload template entities) or restart HA. Now you should have a nwe binary sensor: E.g. binary_sensor.none_at_home that you can use in the blueprint as a condition entity and set the condition state to on

Hi @pavax,

I try to learn with your examples (many thanks!) and I think this last template show “Awesome at Wotk” not “Pavax at work”, is it correct?

Thank you,

thx @anarro for your feedback! you are right that was a copy and paste mistake. I edited the second example in my post to match the showcase of Pavax at Work

Hi all,

one question, how i can use available “last run input date time” insteat of input_datetime ?

I ask because my vacuum starts when no one is home + but also when my wife says please start.

I would like our vacuum to be activated only once, regardless of whether it is activated manually or when no one is at home.

Hi @Pavax,

Is it possible to add a notification (app) option when the vacuum has finished the cleanup?
Something like: Notification if Door or Window is left open