Scheduler card/custom component

Yes, it’s confusing…
Or offer the possibility to end the id with *.

OK. I already corrected it (for next update).

Just wanted to say great job on this scheduler project @neliss!!! :+1: I set it all up on my new HA to control scheduling of lights and it’s working great so far. Very simple.

Only feedback I have and I’m sure that this is in your wishlist, would be to have all schedules for the same entity / device visible under one grouping with toggles because if you setup multiple schedules, it can get messy quickly. I’m currently only using it for scheduling lights to go on and off as I learn how to better automate and schedule with HA. :smiley:

Time for another update :tada:
Do I have your attention? Good!

With this release comes a new feature which I am calling time schemes.
And time schemes are kind of a big deal.

Time schemes
A time scheme allows you to distribute your day into multiple time slots, and each slot can be assigned its own action.
This is a useful feature for any device that you want to turn on for a limited time, such as thermostats and lamps.

It comes with its own type of editor, which looks like this:
Timeslot_editor
The markers separating the time slots can be dragged to change the time.
If you click on a time slot, you can assign it an action. You can also leave time slots unassigned.
A time slot can also be split or merged (with the + and - buttons).

What happens with my device during a time slot?
Actions of a time slot will be executed only when entering the time slot.
Usually this means that the start time of the slot has been reached.
But also when a schedule is started (e.g. after it is turned on, or HA has restarted) it will evaluate whether a time slot overlaps with the current time, and executes the actions.

Note: when (re)starting some devices require some time before they become available in HA. Currently the scheduler will not retry to execute actions that were not successful because of this. This is a work in progress (it is a clasic race condition).

Updating
The scheduler-component was heavily updated for supporting time schemes.
You will need to update it to v2.1.0 before you can use the new feature.

Your existing schedules should still be there after you update the component.

You can check if the update was succesful by going to the configuration -> integrations page in HA. Click on the ‘1 device’ under the scheduler integration and click the only device in the list. It will show you the version number.

The new revision v1.7.0 of the scheduler-card is only compatible with the new version of the scheduler-component.

If you don’t update both parts, all will seem to be okay, until you try to save/edit a schedule!

PS: workday integration
The new version of the custom_component also has support for the workday sensor.
You can now select workdays and weekend as days option.
Workdays will be Mon-Fri by default, but you can change this by setting up the workday sensor.
If you set up the holidays as well, on these days the schedules for workdays will skipped.
Weekends are the inverse of workdays, so they will include holidays as well.

9 Likes

Good !
(2.10, not 1.2 for the scheduler-component…)

The link looks bad in dark mode:

Fix: Set the color of the link to primary-color, on hover, on active, on visited, normal styles, and with !important.
Also this shows up with AM/PM enabled anyway:
Also this shows up with 5 minute resolution:
Also this shows up with a short timeslot:

Amazing. Simply amazing. Thanks for such a great enhancement to HA.

Any idea why I get 2 instances of the integration?
scheduler

1 Like

Try removing all of them, rebooting, and adding them back.

1 Like

All of this is intentional.
I simply don’t care about such details right now…
Would first like to hear if people see it user-friendly.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Definitely user-friendly.

1 Like

As far as i know this can only happen by adding it twice. Not by updating.
Updating should be a matter of replacing the files in the custom_components folder and restarting HA.
It worked fluent for me.
But i must say i never fully understood the way integrations are registered in HA, it seems also be affected by browser cache.

If you can see which of the integrations has your schedule entities, deleting the other one shouldn’t cause any issues.
If this doesn’t work you could also consider to go into .storage and remove the right section from core.config_entries but it requires a bit of knowledge to do it right.

Good luck :slight_smile:

I get it, but I find it confusing.

I’m wondering if we shouldn’t make a clear reference to Workday integration?

DALY / WORKDAY TRUE / WORKDAY FALSE / CUSTOM

I’m probably being dump, but how do you change the time in Time scheme mode?
Clicking on the little < or > does nothing, clicking the time above does nothing, trying to move the <> does nothing.

Maybe it doesn’t work in all browsers.
But you should be able to click and drag the buttons with the < > to move them.

Yeah, unfortunately I cannot click and drag the < >. Does not move. Using Firefox 81.0

Using Firefox 81.0 on Windows works just fine for me. Just putting this out here, if Firefox doesn’t work for you, it works just fine for me.

Then it is probably something on my side (although I don’t know what). It works in Chrome.
Would be nice if you could set the time in Time Scheme mode with 1 min resolution instead of 10.

I have this problem on my side
[url=https://ibb.co/VHnPdk2][/url]

I have try to uninstall all and reinstall but it’s the same, any idea ?

Hmm… I have a ton of errors in the HA logs:

Oct  2 19:56:15 localhost hass[21299]: 2020-10-02 19:56:15 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202009171] https://1.2.3.4:1234/local/scheduler-card.js?v=1:600:1250 ReferenceError: TouchEvent is not defined
Oct  2 19:56:15 localhost hass[21299]: message repeated 67 times: [ 2020-10-02 19:56:15 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202009171] https://1.2.3.4:1234/local/scheduler-card.js?v=1:600:1250 ReferenceError: TouchEvent is not defined]

Don’t try to use configuration.yaml to set it up. If it persists, remove the scheduler from .storage.