Scheduler card/custom component

Storage is new from v3.0.0 onwards, and yes HA has provisions for versioning of the storage structure and provides migration functions.
So future backend updates are expected to go more fluently.

Agreed!
Honestly I don’t like the fact that a user has to choose between a single action, or a time scheme.
I would like to eventually combine it into a single view/editor (I think I mentioned this in a couple of my earlier posts).
This should make it easier to plan a start+stop task.
The problem is that I don’t have the time/brains at the moment to work this out.
Anyone who wishes to contribute is most welcome, in the meantime I cannot make any big steps here.

Glad you approve of this idea of start action and end action.
I have ideas and I put them here…
Unfortunately I’m not a developer to help you, but I can test.

in version v3.0.0 finally the not= is working

in version v3.0.0 its great I can now add values for condition state even its not been predefined , however i see that when i do predefine a list of values in customize , the list is being ignored and i need to input the state value. why not have it working both ways. (and maybe even better a multi choice select box of values that is predefined, so i can have the condition evaluate to multiple values out of a bunch, i know i can do additional extra condition with the OR, but its easier )

also I can now have multiple actions at the make scheme option for lights , on and off, would love the same to work for scenes , have 2 (or more) scenes available, and then choose a different scenes per time slot. as turning off a scene has no effect in HA only turning on

I´m desperate …
Couple a weeks ago i installed the component and the card and everything worked very well.
From one day to another it stoped working. So I uninstalled the both the component and the card and started from the beginning - without any success.
Now I did the last move and deleted the database file and installed everything again from the beginning - without any success.

Both, component and card, are installed correct, the integration and the ressources are added as described in the repo.

When I want to add the Card to Lovelace, the left part is missing (choosing the entities, the name, etc…

PLEASE can someone give a hint?! Just to make sure: everything is updated to the latest versions

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-18 um 08.31.12 Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-18 um 08.31.25

I’m planning to improve the built-in condition lists.
Currently they (should) work for: alarm_control_panel, binary_sensor, cover, fan, input_boolean, switch, lock, person. If you are missing something here, then let me know.
The only issue is with sensors, since I cannot determine which options are possible.
I decided it would be best for the user to enter a value here, is this not OK for you?
I got quite some questions/complaints about the states configuration through YAML, so I decided to create this alternative.

It should be already possible to create a schedule that triggers multiple scenes at once.
If not, please let me know (personally I don’t use scenes).
As far as I know, a scene can only be turned on, not off. This is a limitation in HA.

Maybe this is the problem.
Earlier this week I released a beta version with quite some big changes (the release notes also warned users for this).
This version has some issues (some were discovered by users, some by me).
I am working on fixing them now, and then prepare a non-beta release.
If you use HACS, for you it’s better to skip the beta releases (there is an option for this).
Anyway, maybe later today the new release will follow, hopefully updating to this version will help you.
Besides, you can always use GitHub to notify me of an issue (I’m not able to test all different usages of the scheduler myself).

I’m just guessing this because I’m not using the beta Use the UI editor to choose the entities you want to include. By default nothing is included.

thx for your really quick reply.
So I will wait and see :slight_smile:

Btw: I haven´t installed any beta-version.

But usually there´s an UI to select your entities and groups and all that stuff.

yes you are correct my issue is about conditions of sensors , where i had predefined a list of possible values.

re: scenes, i can have multiple scenes in once schedule, but i want but they have to share the timeslot, i want to have like from 1:00 to 2:00 turn on scene A and from 2:00 to 3:00 turn on scene B and 3:00 to 4:00 back to scene A and so forth.

Hi, I would like to try your great work but the card says there are no objects to view.
In the instructions I read that “the card scans the entities in your HA configuration and suitable candidates should automatically show up in this view”.
Certainly I’m wrong something, I followed the instructions to the letter … but I don’t understand … everything seems ok …

You need to hit the edit button in the dashboard’s edit mode. By default nothing’s included (correct me if I’m wrong).

Yes, forgive me, I have not explained myself well: when I activate the card and try to insert the first entity the answer is that there are no groups. How do I enter them?

I thought I had no issue with beta but realized I was wrong. I was seeing old schedules that I wasn’t able to delete. Each time I hit delete, it would still show. I then restarted, but got into a weird state where there’s missing schedules now it seems and odd spacing in the card and nothing showing when I tap on the excluded items:

I tried to create a new schedule for a weekend climate control and it never showed on the card. The switch got created behind the scenes but is in a funky “unavailable” state with no ability to delete:

I also have a problem. Scheduler tab 2.0.0b. If I want to delete a plan, the plan will not be deleted.
I added the bug to GitHub

thats exactly the same issue i have.

Usually when you add the card to your lovelace on the left side should appear a visual editor where you can select the entities and all other things. This part doesn’t work, is not shown. And I*m not able to add them manually.

So I’m not so stupid … there’s something wrong … still a very interesting job, congratulations to neliss.

Hi
I have a schedule to turn underfloor heating on & off, which works great.
But, using the timing scheme, it has to perform an action at midnight (start of a new day). I’ve got this set to turn the underfloor heating off, but it is already off from the night before. That works fine, but it causes the heating controller to light-up in the bedroom every night at midnight.
Is there a way of defining & performing “no action” for a time period? I know how to define the custom actions, but how can I define a “do nothing” custom action?
Thanks

I saw an issue with the deleting of schedules. I have it fixed locally, will release an update soon.

There is no need to assign actions to each timeslot.
The view is just restricted from 00:00 - 23:59 (spanning a full day), but you can create slots as you desire, and leave slots blank where you don’t want actions.

Can anyone tell why my custom schedule name isn’t working here?
Nothing seems to change the primary info.

Never mind I found the answer in a post above.

neliss

Nov 17

display_options applies to the whole card, not to one entitiy.
So it shouldn’t be placed within customize .
This is also documented .