Scheduler card/custom component

Thank you so much for the heads-up and for the time you spend developing this add-on!

1 Like

I predict carnage if this affects a lot of custom cards. The joy of release week. (so excited!)

1 Like

Actually it won’t be carnage, but people will assume it is so.

Agreed nick. I look forward to new releases, but the amount of complaints that follow can get exhausting!

I think you’re doing nothing wrong. I’m guessing something is wrong with scheduler. I don’t use the workday integration myself, so I never encountered this (ofcourse the functionality was tested regardless, and seemed to work fine at that time).
If you add a bug report we can follow-up on this.

Looks wrong, yes.
Also you should have a ‘X’ icon in the top, it seems to be invisible as well. Probably all icon-buttons in the card are invisible for you.
Could this be caused due to a theme you applied which changes the colors of icons? Or do you use standard HA themes?
If themes cannot be the issue, please create a bug report for this.

Hi everyone!!

Is there a way to use the scheduler card to run something every hour? repeat every x minutes?

Thanks

I just released v2.3.4 which contains some fixes to make things compatible with HA 2022.3.
Please note that this version is not backwards compatible with older versions of HA, so I recommend only updating in case you have also updated HA.

2 Likes

No, its designed to execute tasks based on fixed times, rather than on interval. Of course you could create a fancy scheme with a lot of times in there, but this might not be ideal.
I think you’re better off with a standard automation.
You could use scheduler to enable/disable this automation in case you want to limit the times at it runs.

ok, thanks for the answer.

Hi Neliss,
i cannot understand how to exclude or not items in the card…

How can i do to include the two items excluded? and why are they excluded?

Thanks

are you using tags?

No iam not using tag

Has anyone got a clue on this challenge ?

I wonder if you are best to set up a diary on gmail and use Google Calendars - Home Assistant

I’m afraid that won’t be an option :-/

How might one call a script, passing the selected entity as a variable? For example, I have the below script which takes the my_light_entity_id as an option.

alias: My cool script
variables:
  my_light_entity_id: light.dummy
sequence:
  - do my script actions

And under the scheduler card configuration I’ve added:

customize:
  light.*:
    actions:
      - service: script.my_cool_script
        service_data:
          my_light_entity_id: *** how do I identify the light I selected in the scheduler card? ***
        name: Cool script

This allows me to create a Scheduled action, select any light, select “Cool script”; however, when called the script doesn’t know which light I was referring to. Thank you for the help.

You should remove the property from service_data and instead add it under variables.
You have to provide a list of options to choose from, see here.
I understand it would be nicer if the card can automatically calculate the list with all light entities, I’m afraid it’s not that advanced yet :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, @neliss.

I suppose this means I would duplicate the entities I’m interested in under the variables, such as:

customize:
  light.*:
    actions:
      - service: script.my_cool_script
        name: Cool script
        variables:
          my_light_entity_id:
            name: Light
            options:
              - value: light.child_1
                name: child_1
              - value: light.child_2
                name: child_2

Then instead of the script referring to the entity selected during schedule creation, it would instead reference the variables I’ve created. That certainly works — much appreciated.

Given that ‘{{ entity }}’ was available under your display options example, I’ve been scratching my head trying to get this to work elsewhere. I’ve submitted a feature request for your consideration.

primary_info:
    - "{entity}: {action}"

You’re being very modest in saying “I’m afraid it’s not that advanced yet” — this component is absolutely incredible and already very advanced! Thank you for all the work.

1 Like

Hi first of all, this is real cool scheduler.
I have a question. I would like to know if it is possible to set a duration, how long a light should be switched on. Let’s say i have a motion sensor: (pseudo code) :slight_smile:

(Every day)
if motionsensor.LUX <= 80 && motionsensor.detected == true
then switch on light for 1 minute 
after 1 minute: turn off light

Is that possible?

This card is not meant as a GUI for creating automations.
A schedule is triggered by time (or position of the sun).
Your example triggers on motion detection. Scheduler only supports such rule as condition (not trigger).

2 Likes