Schlage Connect and Invalid LockState?

I’ve been in the process of moving all of my z-wave devices from SmartThings to Home Assistant with a Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5. The last device I’ve migrated over is my Schlage Connect deadbolt. I was able to successfully add it as a secure node, get the status, control the lock, add user codes, etc. However, I seem to lose control of the lock after 12-24 hours, i.e. attempts to lock or unlock result in a timeout.

I was digging through the logs and found the following right when it died:

2018-09-07 10:24:54.398 Warning, Node021, LockState Value was greater than range. Setting to Invalid
2018-09-07 10:24:54.398 Info, Node021, Received DoorLock report: DoorLock is Invalid

I can’t find any references to this in anything except the OZW source code. It comes back just fine if I pull and reconnect the batteries, but eventually dies again. Does anyone know what this value is related to or what would cause the “Invalid” state? I don’t have a problem excluding any of the node entities since I’m only using the lock/unlock and battery level. I’ve done plenty of searching and I’m at a loss.

1 Like

I eventually had to remove my schlage as it would always so responding after a few days and then quickly drain the batteries.

I had some issues with my locks when I first set them up. One lock worked flawlessly but the second gave me some of the same behavior. I ended up moving my HA hub to a more central part of the house and that cleared up the issue. For me it was a simple range issue. I added secure repeaters to try and enhance my mesh network but at the end of the day moving the hub was what fixed the problem for me.

I have two BE469s and a FE599, all three have worked for me for months with only occasional issues. I’ve found that doing things like adding codes, changing zwave settings, etc tends to greatly increase the chance of my locks “locking up” and having to be unplugged. But once I’ve got them set up and just using them for normal lock/unlock operations, I’ve found them to be very stable.

I also had issues with the locks using the dev flavor of open zwave, but that was a while back and I’m not using that any more.

1 Like