Schlage Encode Plus

Are there any integrations for the new encode plus lock with home key? I’m deciding on switching to apple and the new encode plus looks pretty compelling since it has home key, but I’m not sure if the wifi will be reliable enough. Also any experiences with Schlage’s Zigbee locks? That might be my 2nd option if integration isn’t going to work for encode plus.

3 Likes

I think Schlage Encode Plus doesn’t need Wi-Fi. It works over Thread.
Also, unless you’re one of the lucky ones who already have the lock on hand, good luck finding one in stock. I’ve read that there won’t be more of them until 2023. :frowning:

Yikes, the chip shortages really hitting the smart home industry hard, I’ll probably hang on the good ol’ dumb lock and hope there’s a restock soon. I’m assuming the zigbee locks are the next best choice since I’ve seen them on store shelves at my local Home Depot/Lowes/Best Buy.

I have one and love it for its ease of use in homekit. I can confirm that the lock works with Wifi, but I prefer to ahve it on my thread network.

No luck as of today getting it to show up on Thread yet but that will change soon.

They are working on getting thread devices on home assistant and have been successful with nanoleaf and some eve devices via Thread, but without a schlage integration, I’m stuck waiting for others to get in my same boat.

If anyone knows of an integration that could work with it either through wifi or BLE let me know.

-Edit: It appears that I might be able to bridge this using my homebridge server. I’m traveling for work right now but will try to add it via HomeKit integration when I get home next week. If any progress, I will post my process to share with others.

Any luck on this? I was considering trying this, but thought I might lose the HomeKey features.

@edmundfitzgerald29 I’ve been following this thread and waiting for updates. Someone managed to reverse engineer the API and wrote a python script that works with the Encode series.

I’m waiting for someone else to build the HACS integration so we can use it easily. I just got home from travelling with work and plan on poking around this week.

1 Like

I just got my Schlage Encode Plus installed yesterday & setup within HomeKit directly. I would like if the deadbolt was exposed to Home Assistant as well, but I don’t want to lose any HomeKit functionality. Does anyone know if I can setup the deadbolt to work with Home Assistant AND HomeKit simultaneously? If not, can I setup the deadbolt with Home Assistant and then expose it to HomeKit? Also, will this cause the deadbolt to use WiFi instead of Thread? Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.38.30 AM

Im curious how you got that to show up natively on the home kit controller.

From my experience if you use Homekit Controller, HA takes the “homekit” slot. But you could just share the bridge “locks” to your homekit and be able to use them together. It would just be controlled from Apple Homekit > HA via Homekit Controller> to the lock and then vice versa.

Edit- the bridge I’m referring to would be under the Homekit integration not the Homekit Controller, but it shares whatever you allow the integration to share, to your homekit instance.

2 Likes

Did you have any luck getting this working? I’m trying to do the same thing (homekit functionality + integration with HA), but haven’t gotten anything working yet. I tried the integration from mcnutter1, but none of my locks, which work in Schlage Home & in Homekit, are actually showing up via the integration.

Has anyone had any luck yet?

I have the same issue with the integration accepting my login but no locks are discovered. hopefully this is resolved at some point

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue.

I was able to get the locks to show up in HA by removing them from Homekit, adding the locks to the Schlage app (and connecting via wifi in the schlage app), and then using the Schlage app to enable the locks in Homekit. I have 3 locks functioning in Home Assistant and have full Homekit functionality (like Apple Key) also working. If you added the locks directly to Homekit the first time as I did, I think that is why they aren’t available to the HA integration. Hope this helps.

6 Likes

i am not able to get the integration to show up…any suggestions? I don’t think I’m adding the folder to the correct spot

How did you manage to pair it through the HomeKit Controller in Home Assistant? Whenever I try to add it, it just fails and then goes to this screen?

Weirdly I have two options appear, one listed as ‘Enc’ (Encode I guess) and Encode Plus:

I initially got the lock on WiFi by using the Schlage app and I have tried adding it to Apple Home (successfully), then removing it from Apple Home (but not the Schlage App), where it then appears to Home Assistant under the HomeKit Controller, but no luck.

I factory reset the lock, added it back via the Schlage app, then tried adding it to Home Assistant via the HomeKit Controller, still no luck.

I ended up in the same work flow as you @LondonBenji . I get the same unhandled error when trying to add as HA Homekit Controller device.

1 Like

Oddly, now I keep getting the following showing up periodically:

Wild stab in the dark, it’s in reference to August locks? But their parent company is Assa Abloy, and Schlage is someone else isn’t it?

Unless this is someone else’s device that my HA is detecting? But it would have to be on my WiFi network wouldn’t it?

I got it to work with my Encode plus. I initially set it up via HomeKit. Then in the Schlage app I selected connect to Amazon Alexa. That step sets up the WiFi. Once the WiFi is working you can skip adding it to Alexa. Then just reload the Schlage integration and the lock should show up in Home Assistant

Hey, what Schlage Integration are you referring to?