Schlage Encode Plus

No, I have the Encode Plus paired to Apple Home (via Apple TV as hub). As far as I’m aware, there’s no way to get Apple Home Key working if it’s paired directly to HA.

The reason I went through the rigamarole above to get local control of the lock in HA is because the lock has to be paired to Apple Home for Home Key to work.

1 Like

Ah yes, I remember now, I asked you this before :smiley:

I was hoping something had changed since the links in this comment have been merged:

I’d try it, but I’m running HA on a VM in ESXi, and for some reason, the Intel WiFi/BT adaptor that I had successfully passed through to the VM before, has gone completely AWOL, not even showing at the hypervisor level. I need to reboot ESXi and have a poke in the BIOS I guess, but I’m loathed to since it has been up and running for 1.5 years without a single issue otherwise.

I should just do what you’re doing.

If I recall correctly from when I put this together, I had to use an input_boolean and not a “momentary push” button because button isn’t supported by the HA HomeKit Bridge.

So, I make the switch (input_boolean) act like a button by “resetting” it back to its normal state after 20 seconds (arbitrary number).

The purpose of input_boolean.front_door_lock_action_unlock is to communicate from HA to Apple Home that an unlock has been requested, by turning on the input_boolean.

1 Like

I have the Schlage Encide Plus and it was on WiFi and, aside from the terrible response times associated with the cloud, it destroyed batteries.
I switched to thread on my HomePod Mini and it works great. I also have yet to replace the batteries.
The downside has been that the lock only shows up in HomeKit/AppleHome. How do I bring it back into Home Assistant without the cloud or WiFi?
-EDIT-
Morning brain I think someone answered that and my ADHD brain couldn’t process it. I’ll revisit =)

The WiFi is an ok backup, but it is a battery hog. I wish it was Thread and ZigBee

This is working pretty great. It is awesome too have all of the advantages of Thread and still be able to see the status in Home Assistant. Great option since Matter is not a thing for Schlage Encode Plus.

Any ideas on how we could push the battery status to Home Assistant from Apple Home?