Scraper sensor

Hi i have posted more of the code

I’d suggest you search for the id of that span to ensure it’s unique. I can’t do that on a screenshot.

If the id is unique, try my previous suggestion.

Thanks i will try

Also, before resolving to scrapping (which is a last hope solution) please be sure that whatever device / provider you use doesn’t have an API which might be easier to use.

When you say “We have a website with login”, that already could be a showstopper in using scrapping, unless the website also allow basic/digest authentication above a login page.

1 Like

Hi i Will contact articspa to see if they have a API
IF so then i really need help :slight_smile:

They definitely have some API as there is an app as well for the spas, but it might be not public.

They scraped the app for links and there is a few listed on this page.

Look at the Lay-Z-Spa integration and how the author got the details of it and made it work.

Now it is far beyond my knowledge regarding Api and how to make it work.
I have to thank you all that have tried to help me but now I have to accept myself defeated for now :frowning:

Don’t be! First ask Arctic Spa for a documentation. And tell them that you want to use it with Home Assistant. Tell them what is your use case what you want to use it for, they might going to provide information what is not available at the moment.

Having a working API with an integration into a Home Automation system is a good selling point, but the producers hasn’t got any idea about.

I talked with Lay-Z-Spa representatives about the WiFi models, they were telling me that this is absolutely new and they don’t know will be there newer models with WiFi. (They have no clue about this part of the market.) Currently their top models with bubbles and jets hasn’t got the wifi module, but the more simple bubble models do. For non-Wifi models there is another DIY project, which is about to install a module between the display and the pump as a man-in-the-middle, and that does the smart control.
So, believe me, the producers and seller has no idea what anybody would use remote control for especially when there is no interfacing. - Ask them, it cannot hurt.

For use cases look at the other topic what I linked above. There are a few great ideas, like use the heater when there is low price for electricity. Or heat the water when there is excess power produced from solar panels, etc.

Indeed! Definitely ask them!!!

This is a few lines of code from their Demo page:

<script type="text/javascript">
        window.mqttclient = mqtt.connect('wss://broker.myarcticspa.com:8081', { username: "99999999-9999-9999-9999-999999999999" });
    </script>

They use MQTT, you just need to get the messages from the SPA to your own MQTT broker or get access to their broker and subscribe for changes.

I would prefer the first one as that would mean local access/control.

I have now asked them waiting for reply /thanks

@pewi, have you got any reply from Arctic Spas?

Any reply from them? I am curious.

Hey,

I have ArticSpa too. Any response from Artic Spa?

Hi no answer sorry

PAW

Hey all. I did just get an respons from them. But im not sure how to proceed as I’m not in a position to write code for it. Anyone qualified wanna try? :slight_smile: If not I might want to follow the thread of this IFTTT integration…

The respons:
“We do have API’s built for compatibility with Alexa commands and IFTTT support. We may be able to help you out but there is currently not any polished documentation that we can just “send” unfortunately. Are you a developer and would you want to spend some time on getting this to work? If so wed be happy to try and help (and learn a bit in the process).”

If they do have RESTFUL API then you can build REST sensors in HA to get information from there.

What features exactly the Spa has what you can or want to control?

You need to get the way how the authentication working first of all. Usually it is done by tokens. The token is assigned to the username and password and for a period of time. Then you just need to do POST or GET commands with the authentication to the right endpoint to get back the response from the server.

Different endpoints will provide different information, like temperature, temperature aim point, heater is on or off etc… You can build sensors with those values.
With other endpoints you will be able to control the device turn on/off set the heating temperature etc…

Send them a link about the REST sensor and REST command documentation in HA, that will be a good start and ask them how to authenticate to the API and how to get temperature, aim point, how to turn on/off, set temperature as a start.

Thanks @GSzabados, I’ve emailed them back and also actually referred them to this post. Lets see how the respons is :slight_smile:

Let’s hope they give something positive.

Actually as they seem to be using MQTT for communication with their server, the best would be if the Spa could send messages to a local MQTT broke as well. Or would provide a REST API endpoint where the queries could go. Basically to keep things local and do not rely on a cloud server.

The main issue with many manufacturers that they implement only cloud connection on the device to their server and they serve any service from the cloud only.
What they do not recognise is the fact, that running a cloud server cost money for them, unless they run a subscription service model.
Local access could make things vulnerable as it was with TP-Link Kasa plugs. So the manufacturers tend to opt out from that, and just keep connection to their servers.

But let’s hope the best, that they do support local API and it can be accessed without any issues.

1 Like

any updates from Arctic Spas? I just got one and started looking into connecting to HA.

I’ve look at recently how these Arctic Spas supposed to work, and they should have local control as well, if you don’t have internet at your place.

Might worth to try to capture the communication between the app and the spa to see how it happens.

For iOS they have a local control app, for Android as I understand there is a button for local control.

Unfortunately I do not own an Arctic Spa to investigate it myself, but happy to provide more ideas and ways how to tinker with it.