Script an action available on lovelace UI

Hello, I would like to write two small scripts that change the volume of my denon AVR up or down respectively. I currently use the denon integration in my lovelace UI to control the stereo but my problem is that Im completely lost on how to find or replicate the command that executes when I press the volume buttons in home assistant. My end goal is to take the script or an automation that calls the script and put it in the notification area of my android phone

Go to Developer Tools → Services and type „volume“ in the first field. You will then see all available services for it.

That looks promising, thanks. Does it really matter if I choose the Denon AVR device, or Denon AVR entity? Thanks.

For my part, I always use the entity.

So I’m editing an existing script via the VS code plugin, and scripts.yaml file but I’m not sure what to use in the command line. My script looks like this:

tvr_volup:
  alias: tvroom vup
  sequence:
    - service: media_player.volume_up
      data:
        entity_id: media_player.denon_avr_x3600h_2
        command: ???
tvr_voldown:
  alias: tvroom vdn
  sequence:
    - service: media_player.volume_down
      data:
        entity_id: media_player.denon_avr_x3600h_2
        command: ?????

Well, unfortunately that’s not to do with a single line of code (but it’s not a thousand either :wink: ) You have to repeat the service because it doesn’t allow further data. Please have a look at this thread which offers solutions: