Script to read cell in google sheets

I’ve just gotten into home automation and I’m hooked, but unfortunately I never learned to code more than the most basic commands. I have a google sheet that is set up to automatically update the few stocks that I hold, and I’m wondering if there is any way to have google assistant/home read the daily change in price in real time? I would also love to be able to automate my cryptocurrency accounts the same way. Thank you to anyone that can offer assistance or point me in the right direction, or tell me that it’s impossible at this point.

Regards

Welcome to HA forum!

I don’t think there is a HA component to do what you want out of the box but if you like tinkering around and learning new things there should be a way using a shell command to run a python script. Some reading recommendations I’d suggest:

• Here is a topic where I described the process to write sensors’ values to a Google Sheet; just the opposite you’d like but maybe worth reading.
  • Here is a python3 library to manage Google Sheets.

PS: I don’t know if the process in my topic is still valid since I don’t use it anymore (I found out that Google sheets had a limit in the number of rows).

Awesome, thanks for the advice, guess I’ll do a bit of reading… I hope this old dog can learn some new tricks

How is it going? I’m looking to do something similar.

Anyone figure out how to read a cell in Google Sheets yet? I’m about to give this a go…

Anyone come up with a nice easy way for this at all?

I know IFTTT integrates with google docs, maybe there’s something there.