Script to resume radio (TuneIn) and Spotify after TTS on Google Home speakers

I could look into that, but right now I don’t really see the need for it.
As far as I understand blueprints are for cases where you would reuse code for several scripts/automatons. That is not the case here, because you only need this script. No need to create one per media_player for example.

:+1:

Thanks for the quick answer!
I thought it could simplify the updates of the script.

This looks brilliant - I was really excited to see it but then noticed the discussion on YouTube Music - which is what I use. Did anyone find a solution?

Did a quick search, but it looks like Youtube Music Player is still the only option to use it in Home Assitant, and resuming that requires the stream to be started using that integration.
There is already an example about resuming it on the Github page

1 Like

Thanks - I’ll keep an eye out for new integrations for YouTube music…

Very nice work!

When there is no players_screen defined (I don’t have any) script stops with error.

It would also be very nice to include “night mode” to not bother doing it every time in automations.

Thank you for sharing this amazing script :smiley:

I’m still happily using Assistant Relay (while it still works), but watching this with interest.

Nice work.

1 Like

Will have a look at this, probably tomorrow.

Should be fixed now.

Yes, it is working now without defined players_screen.
Thank you!

1 Like

Night mode can be achieved like this.

Define binary sensor:

binary_sensor:
  - platform: tod
    name: "Night mode"
    after: "22:00"
    before: "08:00"

Then modify the script:

default_group_split: false
  sequence:
    - condition: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.night_mode
      state: "off"
    - alias: "Set variables to be used in the script"
1 Like

Oh sorry, I indeed did not look into that anymore. I could implement something for that without the need for a binary_sensor. Will have a look in the near future.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for your script!

Actually blueprints allow to share automation/scripts easily among the HA community, so it would totally match here :smiley:

Well, I’ve already looked into it for a bit, but I’m having some difficulties with the speaker groups.
You can define them in the variables now, but I could not think of a user friendly way to do this using selectors.

Hey TheFes,

Ik heb een automation draaien die 5 keer op een dag een mp3 bestand afspeelt. Dat werkt goed, echter de tijden voor het afspelen van het mp3 bestandje wordt gescraped vanaf het internet en aan de hand daarvan wordt het afgespeeld. Nu wil ik ervoor zorgen dat de streaming na het afspelen van het mp3 bestand weer hervat wordt en dat krijg ik niet voor mekaar.

Looked into it a bit further, and actually gave it a try with the new version of my script which also supports other actions than just TTS, but I use rather complex big templates, and HA completely messed them up, making them unreadable, which would make it impossible to debug.
Furthermore I tried to use includes for the speaker_groups and players_screen variables, but HA imported the data and removed the inlcudes, which would result that you needed to change the input of all scripts created based on the blueprint when you added or removed a speaker or speaker group to your home.

So, I gave up :slight_smile:

1 February 2022

• BREAKING: This script is longer maintained by me. I have replaced it in my own configuration by the new Google Home Resume script. You can still report bugs or other issues, and I will do my best to fix them, but I will no longer add functionality to this script.
  • Changed links to new location in my configuration (folder not_maintained so the script will still be available, and there will be no dead links)

Hi! I set up the script and the automation and it works great for TuneIn, but isn’t resuming Pandora. Is there an extra step l need to take to make it work?

Thanks for your help!

@BryanChiTown Could you post the attributes of a speaker playing something on Pandora?

BTW, are you using this script, or the Google resume script?