Seeking A Solution: Essential Oil Diffuser

Can anyone point me at what to buy from Amazon UK - would be very grateful!

Thanks

Stuart

I have got a similar one as the OP. I have ordered a replacement board (see link below) which should work just on/off with power switch. I will report back once I receive my part.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32962545681.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dy0ZYxi

A new version of Tuya convert to update the firmware is in testing

It could be flashed with something like tasmota or espeasy!

1 Like

If you are running Node-red there is a tuya node that can control various tuya devices locally, mine do not have internet connectivity but i can control them. it takes a little time to figure out a few things like which setting is controllable but can be done

I have a couple of Kogan devices that are tuya based and all controllable
2 x https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-smart-aroma-diffuser/
1 X https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-17l-smart-glass-kettle/

this is the node-red node

You will also need to use the tuya app to find the device ID, and also retrieve the key, but have a look here on how to find them both

2 Likes

I think I found the way to integrate with HA

but I wish I can make it ESPHOME node.

Perhaps it will be possible someday.

ESPHOME has Tuya dimmer components and make efforts to integrate several things.

minsuke, you can! Here’s my experiences:

Wow you Great !!!

I am very happy to inform your codes and knowhow.

this diffuser only acts as a TASMOTA

Your codes make me happy to integrate 100% ESPHOME System.

thxs again your code sharing and kind information.

:grinning:

Hi, I have this same oil diffuser, what template did you use? What wifi chip does l bring yours?

Hi, I have this same oil diffuser, what template did you use? What wifi chip does l bring yours?

I found the codes for this model, they are commands “AT + UPDATE =” serial codes similar to sonoff-L1

Diffuser and Light ON FAN LOW
backlog serialsend4 AT+UPDATE=“sequence”:“1579752745631”,“switch”:“on”,“state”:1; serialsend5 1B

Diffuser and Light ON FAN HIGH
backlog serialsend4 AT+UPDATE=“sequence”:“1579752745631”,“switch”:“on”,“state”:2; serialsend5 1B
Diffuser and Light OFF FAN OFF(LOW)
backlog serialsend4 AT+UPDATE=“sequence”:“1579752745631”,“switch”:“off”,“state”:1; serialsend5 1B

Hi all. I have the Maxcio oil diffuser connected with smart life and google assistant. I didn’t understand how to have it working inside HA. I’m not interested in hacking the firmware. Just normal integration. What shall I do? How to use with sonoff? Shall I create an account?

@sfgabe could you help me?

@StefanoGiu - that’s not the kind I have but if it works through google assistant, you should be able to use the HA Google assistant integration to turn it on.

SmartLife products sometimes also work with the Tuya integration, so that may be another option.

Thanks @sfgabe I will try that option too… could you clarify this? Shall I couple the diffuser with eWeLink app loosing the integration with Smart Life and then I can integrate it in HA without any firmware flashing?

I tried both tuya (I have switched and lights coming up automatically, but not the diffuser) and tuyalocal (using device id and local key… but I cannot see it in the list of entities, even if I don’t have errors…)

I think you will need to set it up through the eWeLink app in order to give Google assistant control (outside of HA), then send HA commands to Google.

HA —> Google ( —> eWeLink) —> Diffuser.

Have you tested this? I’m already able to command my diffuser through Google --> Tuya/SmartLife --> Diffuser…

@sfgabe I went through an endless configuration to enable SSL on my webserver… I was finally able to do it… I configured the Google Assistant integration you suggested and I finally realized that it is used to import into Google Home the devices you have configured in HA and not viceversa…

Why you said that I can use Google Assistant integration to control my device on HA (Oil Diffuser) ?

I’m really lost now!!

I don’t use it myself so no guarantees, but I believe this would work for what you are trying to do: Component to send commands to Google Assistant

@sfgabe this is not part of HA… I need a real help, not random google search links…

If you’re looking for a plug and play solution, home assistant may not be the right software
for you.