Seeking A Solution: Essential Oil Diffuser

Hi, I have this same oil diffuser, what template did you use? What wifi chip does l bring yours?

I found the codes for this model, they are commands “AT + UPDATE =” serial codes similar to sonoff-L1

Diffuser and Light ON FAN LOW
backlog serialsend4 AT+UPDATE=“sequence”:“1579752745631”,“switch”:“on”,“state”:1; serialsend5 1B

Diffuser and Light ON FAN HIGH
backlog serialsend4 AT+UPDATE=“sequence”:“1579752745631”,“switch”:“on”,“state”:2; serialsend5 1B
Diffuser and Light OFF FAN OFF(LOW)
backlog serialsend4 AT+UPDATE=“sequence”:“1579752745631”,“switch”:“off”,“state”:1; serialsend5 1B

Hi all. I have the Maxcio oil diffuser connected with smart life and google assistant. I didn’t understand how to have it working inside HA. I’m not interested in hacking the firmware. Just normal integration. What shall I do? How to use with sonoff? Shall I create an account?

@sfgabe could you help me?

@StefanoGiu - that’s not the kind I have but if it works through google assistant, you should be able to use the HA Google assistant integration to turn it on.

SmartLife products sometimes also work with the Tuya integration, so that may be another option.

Thanks @sfgabe I will try that option too… could you clarify this? Shall I couple the diffuser with eWeLink app loosing the integration with Smart Life and then I can integrate it in HA without any firmware flashing?

I tried both tuya (I have switched and lights coming up automatically, but not the diffuser) and tuyalocal (using device id and local key… but I cannot see it in the list of entities, even if I don’t have errors…)

I think you will need to set it up through the eWeLink app in order to give Google assistant control (outside of HA), then send HA commands to Google.

HA —> Google ( —> eWeLink) —> Diffuser.

Have you tested this? I’m already able to command my diffuser through Google --> Tuya/SmartLife --> Diffuser…

@sfgabe I went through an endless configuration to enable SSL on my webserver… I was finally able to do it… I configured the Google Assistant integration you suggested and I finally realized that it is used to import into Google Home the devices you have configured in HA and not viceversa…

Why you said that I can use Google Assistant integration to control my device on HA (Oil Diffuser) ?

I’m really lost now!!

I don’t use it myself so no guarantees, but I believe this would work for what you are trying to do: Component to send commands to Google Assistant

@sfgabe this is not part of HA… I need a real help, not random google search links…

If you’re looking for a plug and play solution, home assistant may not be the right software
for you.

So you took my initial advice and it worked, and now you’re angry that the other two possible solutions I offered were too complicated? You may have gotten the Home Assistant app working, but I think the Home Assistant Community is not for you.

Not sure if this has been covered in here or not, but I did find a fairly simple and easy to setup solution this past week. I ordered one of the many Smart Oil Diffusers on amazon that specifically said they worked with Tuya/Smart Life. Once I got the diffuser I setup a Smart Life account and added the device to it. I then used the Tuya integration in Home Assistant and during the setup process I told it I was a Smart Life user. Initially, I noticed that no device was available for the diffuser in home assistant. However, I quickly found a work around for this. In the Smart Life app, simply make a Tap-To-Run automation that turns on and sets the spray volume and/or led light and save it. Then reboot your Home Assistant and you should find that a new scene has been pulled in from Tuya which you can activate in an automation within Home Assistant. I created a scene for Master Bedroom Diffuser Full Spray, Partial Spray and Off. Very simple setup and several diffusers meet the criteria. Just look for the ones that say the app they use is Smart Life or Tuya!

Model I purchased and confirm working: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M6QD7LN/

1 Like

@orlandogil2007 I have the same diffuser board and wifi chipset as you. it used the ewelink platform. I was able to flash tasmota on it, but have not figured out the correct template to use.
have you made any progress in that area?

@thewilliambond Question if I may…does your solution to through the smart life servers? Does it still work if your internet goes down? I really like the diffuser that you posted the link for it looks nice but I reall like local control.

Thanks

Anyone come across any integration for Moodo?

See openhab version here

edit: I see someone has files setup here but sure how to set it up

Hello,
I’m thinking of buying the Moodo. Just wondering, if you were able to integrate it with home assistant ?
If so, how did you do it ? As the custom component is 5 years old.
Maybe via SmartThings ? Did you test this ?

No unfortunately as it’s beyond my knowledge. The files the YouTube poster used for openhab are on this site.

And the rest api they are using is here

https://rest.moodo.co/

Instructions to key device key are in the api section here

https://moodo.co/smart-home/

I got an Akasumi one, but i can’t smell anything with it. It also keeps disconnecting.