Seeley Magiqtouch Integration

Ah that sucks. Have you attempted to get it to work over the internet? By pretending to be the app that is?

I considered running an android in a vm with tasker monitoring the fields and returning the data to home assistant but there has to be a better way.

I pulled apart my wifi box and noted the manufacturer has tried to conceal the chips used (fairly common tactic i heard). Uses common chips so reading and reverse engineering wouldnt be the hardest challenge butI doubt anyone has the time for such a niche use case.

Only other method I considered was some sort of MITM attack and rerouting the wifi box to a fake server assuming there arent any complex authentication protocols.

Hey, i am looking at a new Evap AC, and wanting to automate it.

i have found a couple of resources,they are promising, and potentially still active!

and

Looking at integrating breamer heating unit to home assistant. Did you have any luck with this one ?

No :frowning:

Went with the Breezeair in the end. no luck really and their ‘cloud’ service is shit.

So I have a Seeley (Breezair) ducted Evap & Heater controlled via a MagIQTouch which was installed back in 2018.
I have been so frustrated with the complete lack of interest in Smart Home Automation from the aircon industry as a whole but Seeley in particular. I had basically given up but then I found this thread and Andrew’s HACS integration.
It worked out of the box and appears to still be under development (last change 2 months ago).
It’s also much faster than the phone app which takes about 10sec to update.
Now I just need to work out how to setup a nice climate card.

I might be missing something but I can’t find the above integration in HACS?
been searching for Magiqtouch, blueprint, Andrew with no luck.
any pointers?

What you need to do is install the custom repository.
The instructions on how to do this are listed in the Custom Repositories section of the HACS documentation.
Then in the “Repository” section enter the GitHub URL.
https://github.com/andrewleech/ha_magiqtouch
And for “Category” choose “Integration”.
Then go to “Settings” → “Devices and Services” and click on “+ Integration”
Search for MagIQtouch and it should appear as an installable custom integration.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

champion - that worked a treat!
I think it was stated above but that’s the major disappointment with the sleeley product, their lack of integration with any smart home platform. this HACS custom integration works a treat! keep up the good work

Nice.
Does this integration require a cloud service to work, or all handled locally between HA and their wifi controller with no internet access?

My first HACS integration, followed several bouncing balls but got there :slight_smile:
Works, though it’s Winter so the Evap is covered, Temp displayed is correct and I’ve not fired up the Fan & Cooling.
I’ve an External Temp sensor too but that doesn’t show, coding required to add or something I need to configure?

Test by blocking Internet access for the WiFi controller?

Thanks. I am being recommended this furnace as a replacement and keen to have it connected into home assistant. So no testing possible just yet :-). But good news that the integration works in any case. I assume it allows you to set the temperature, turn on / off, and to see state (heat on/off) ?

Hi,
Sorry for reviving this thread, but…
I’ve got a Braemar heating unit with MagIQtouch (no wifi) and a bunch of sensors for each room and zone control. I strongly suspect they use modbus for comms. Has anyone tried to hook it up to HA via modbus anyhow?

Just to close out on my own question, I have since installed the heater unit and this integration and all works well. Can see and control temperature and turn heating on and off.

Was this via the github?

Hey guys, anyone else found it stopped working a few days ago? I think its Seeley cloud as app not working as well. Just need anyone to confirm if yours one still working fine. Cheers

Ok, they application has started to work, HA integration still not. Maybe they changed somethng?

@AlexPotter yep mines working but only the outputs, no control…
Debug on and Logs say:
This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: magiqtouch
Source: custom_components/magiqtouch/magiqtouch.py:274
Integration: Seeley MagIQtouch (documentation, issues)
First occurred: February 20, 2024 at 12:01:24 (14 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:34:28

Failed to set value properly:

&

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: magiqtouch
Source: custom_components/magiqtouch/climate.py:166
Integration: Seeley MagIQtouch (documentation, issues)
First occurred: February 11, 2024 at 16:35:11 (68 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:44:00

Updating the state failed, will retry with login: <class ‘custom_components.magiqtouch.exceptions.UnauthorisedTokenException’>()
Updating the state failed, will retry with login: <class ‘aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectorError’>(Cannot connect to host tgjgb3bcf3.execute-api.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com:443 ssl:default [Try again])
Updating the state failed, will retry with login: <class ‘AttributeError’>(Access Token Required to Check Token)
Updating the state failed, will retry with login: <class ‘TimeoutError’>()

Thanks Paul for confirming. Just found the issue has been raised in github already: