Seismic (earthquakes-vulcanoes) alarms

Thanks will check that.

great it works, but like this is not so usefeul. How can I extract fron the sensor those events above certain magnitude?

I put radius 500km and got 490 events …

and strangely they are not sorted (not by date, not by distance, …)

They should be sorted by title.

Alright, then let’s put two features on the roadmap:

• Sort entries by: distance, date.
  • Filter entries by regular expression on title.

I would add also by magnitude

Magnitude is not a data field in the INGV feed, it’s just text. Similar to filtering by magnitude, sorting by magnitude would only work through a generic regular expression filter. Let me have a think about this…

well its a nice addon. Filter can be enough. At the end of the day we are interested in earthquakes near us of a magnitude above … let’s say … 4.

For automation is good to have a sensor value that will trigger events.

great work @exxamalte, I installed the custom component following the instructions above (using INGV source) and I’m already using it :slight_smile:.
I agree with Claudio about the possibility of improving it with magnitude filter option.

2 Likes

Hi,
I think is better put the events inside an array instead of the event name as an state attribute, so the event name and attributes can be easily retrieved in automations.

@pablopoo: Could you please give me an example of an automation where you would use the names of geo rss events? And what other attributes of events would you find useful?

@exxamalte : Right now I’m sending the latest event as a notification to connected devices that accept notifications, like kodi and phones:

{{ states.sensor.mygeorss_any.attributes|first }}

Useful attributes:
*Magnitude. Will allow to be sort events by magnitude or automate a safety check functionality, like sending your latest phone location to someone If > 7.
*Timestamp. I miss the date/time of the feed entry, if any.
*The coordinates, so I can put a map of the events.

Hi!!

Any news on this?

can this be done now?

No, still working on this.

On the plus side, this sensor is now part of version 0.55. Anyone who tried the pre-release from GitHub, please remove the custom component when upgrading to 0.55, and double-check the docos sice config parameters have slightly changed during the code review process.